LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I still go by the door sticker if I put different tires on my car? Where would I get that info? If the sidewall says 51 psi MAX, what's the best range for normal driving?

·
As fast as fast can be
134 Posts
Yes, you can run the stock air pressure call out. I always start from there then adjust the air pressure based on how my tires start to wear and how they fill when I am driving. When I run wider tires (275's on stock wheels)I run around 32psi. Just watch you tread wear.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
What size tires, and rims? I run 30psi on the street in my 245/45/18. I also rotate them every 3000 miles. Not one wear problem, and great ride. You do not want too much preassure. Would be like roding on solid rubber. The ride would be harsh.

·
V8 Whore
823 Posts
It all depends on what size you are running versus OEM...what you like personally for feel and what the tires like themselves.

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
I use 38# all the way around.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Generally when you step up to a bigger size tire you're going to want to set it higher. More often than not its only a few psi higher. For example i run my 275/30/19 at 38psi. Again i've run them at 30 to 40 and noticed minor differences. Not enough tire pressure will start to wear and tear the sidewall up quicker on the insides of the tire and create a premature heat ring. Not to mention you'll get better gas mileage at 35 or higher...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts