LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea. Its only rumor that GM is going to release them.

I talked to LS1 Speed and they said they can fit me in July for the header install. I dont want to get them done and then go to GM if they do release a package and have them void my engine warranty.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
I asked my dealer specifically about LT Headers. They told me that they would not affect my warranty. I'm sure it's up to each dealer to make such a call, so talk to your service manager about it. Mine was a pretty cool guy!

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
Should I get headers from LS1 Speed or should I wait until GM comes out with the head and cam/autocross package?
Wait to get the GM stuff... That will give me the time I need to raise the money for the headers from Speed Inc. EOM June and I should be there..

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Well it all depends on what you are trying to do with the car. I do not like "all show, no go" mods. And I want a bit more power and a slightly louder-deeper tone. I was all "I love the stock sound" for the first few months but now I want to be louder.

If you think you are going to join the HP race, Headers are a great way to start. They will immediatly add HP and the increased flow will do nothing but better the results of any mods you make in the future.

HFI and Headers.

I want to get @ 350 HP to the wheels. Why? Sounds like a good number to me. I have the CS Performance pipe on it's way here and will K&N the stock airbox, likely hogging out the intake hole in the box to increase air flow. I may go so far as pulling apart the bumper to see If I can route a ram type setup from the grill to the airbox. Then I will Stop modding, and start selling bridges in Brooklyn. Wheels and tires are go and show. The tires will get upgraded eventually but I may just stick with the stock rims.

Strut tower brace will eventually be swapped for the BMR unit along with the skid plate.

I'm counting on the rear end to hold up and the rubber donut that masquerades as a U joint not to fail.

·
Registered
19 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
No idea. Its only rumor that GM is going to release them.

I talked to LS1 Speed and they said they can fit me in July for the header install. I dont want to get them done and then go to GM if they do release a package and have them void my engine warranty.
I can't see why the headers would void the engine warranty. By federal law, the dealer has to be able to prove the aftermarket part caused the problem in order to deny a warranty claim. If one of the header bolts were to break, the dealer could easily point the finger at the aftermarket part/installation. However, if the MAF failed, it'd be tough for them to show that the headers caused the issue.

The law's called the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act - you can find out more info about it on SEMA's web site (www.sema.org). Really handy to be educated on it when it comes to installing aftermarket parts on cars.

Hope this helps!

Ryan

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
But they could argue that the rear end or the donut failing was a result of the incressed HP you gained. Or internal engine failure resulted from the same. Once you change the stock tune, which you would likely have to do, a dealer can argue just about anything. You can always argue back, but once you start modding you give them an excuse. Some dealers work with you some do not.

·
Registered
118 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
Should I get headers from LS1 Speed or should I wait until GM comes out with the head and cam/autocross package?
Get the HEADERS!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts