LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting Focal Poly Glass Components, and I wanted to make sure of the size I need for the front components, please let me know, ASAP, ive searched and heard people say 6.5 and have also seen people using 5 and a quarter, someone please let me know

·
Registered
607 Posts
I did use 5 1/4. You might need a spacer (I missed the front speakers going in so I don't know what the installer did).

I was going to buy 6.5's but my installer talked me into 5 1/4 for front stage. He said they would be better for highs and make a better stage. The 6.5's would give better mid bass, but that's not what was needed for the front stage. I also have gobs of bass from the subs too...

I'm really glad I listened to him. So you might want to think that over and consider which is best for your ear, and not worry to much about the size of the mounting hole.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Most important thing to remember about those side speakers is mounting depth. It is a very tight fit and there isn't a lot of wiggle room since the windshield sits right behind the speaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts