LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Printout from Pontiac says my car is now "4B00 Bayed" on Apr. 28.
Bayed? BAYED? It's not bayed in MY bay!!!
Recent event history is 3750-->4150-->4000-->3800-->4B00
I wonder where it's "bayed". I had hoped it was on the road.
Anyone know what this is??!?!

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
I have never seen that code before. Is that the exact sequence of event codes 3750-4150-4000-3800-4B00?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTOJ said:
I have never seen that code before. Is that the exact sequence of event codes 3750-4150-4000-3800-4B00?
Yes, that is the correct sequence; I am looking at it now. Dealer printed it this morning. He had never heard of it either. (And it is a letter B, not an eight).
The 3800 and the two previous codes are all dated 2004-04-22 but the 4B00 is dated 2004-04-28.

Thanks

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
HOLY CRAP! My car is the same thing.......... I believe. I went from 3800-4150-4000-3800

WTF?

How can it go back to 3800? Isn't that against the law or something.......

I was told that it was still in Cali on Monday, April 26th and will be leaving shortly on rail to Cottage Grove, MN (twin cities) and then by truck to Des Moines, Iowa. The ETA on all of this is somewhere around 2 weeks I was told. I didn't see the dealer's monitor long enough to see if there was a 4B00. Let me know what you find out.

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
edge929 said:
HOLY CRAP! My car is the same thing.......... I believe. I went from 3800-4150-4000-3800

WTF?

How can it go back to 3800? Isn't that against the law or something.......

I was told that it was still in Cali on Monday, April 26th and will be leaving shortly on rail to Cottage Grove, MN (twin cities) and then by truck to Des Moines, Iowa. The ETA on all of this is somewhere around 2 weeks I was told. I didn't see the dealer's monitor long enough to see if there was a 4B00. Let me know what you find out.
I think that what happened is that the car was going to ship and then just got held up at port like the train didn't pick it up or was going to and then they just didn't. I wouldn't get to worried about the tracking number going backwards just means the car is not on the train yet.

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
1stChildhood said:
Printout from Pontiac says my car is now "4B00 Bayed" on Apr. 28.
Bayed? BAYED? It's not bayed in MY bay!!!
Recent event history is 3750-->4150-->4000-->3800-->4B00
I wonder where it's "bayed". I had hoped it was on the road.
Anyone know what this is??!?!

I will check into it and hopefully give you an answer on Monday.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Not to add more gas to this coding fire... I'm only two hrs. away from the PORT Of Benicia.. My GTO got totally lost. Then a wheel got damaged(no history sent) and that caused more UNKNOWNS. Even GM couldn't locate "NEMO"(new nick name). A Cargo Driver (friend of a salesman) finally called the Dealership. He was in RENO and told to go to Benicia pick up a GTO and right back up to my dealership. To me the codes mean nothing till the driver shows up!!! Good Luck too all in waiting!!!

·
-Tom Capozzi- Spitzer Pontiac GMC
263 Posts
Bayed means it's available to ship, which means that it's sitting in a rail yard or distribution center somewhere waiting to get to where its going

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
miamio said:
Maybe it was damaged in transit and it's in a service "bay".
(please don't kill me for suggesting this)
any car damaged in transit is nearly automatically donated to automotive education, ie we were given a 02 vette hit a viaduct while on the truck, took a nice chunk out of the roof but still a good learning tool thanks to GM.
So don't worry about being given a lemon.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not "bayed" anymore...

Update from dealer indicates the 4B00 "bayed" code only lasted from 4-28 until 5-02. It's now changed to 4200 "shipped". So presumably it's on a train now; must've been waiting for a ride. Dealer says he never got a car from West coast before, so has no idea what state it will ship to by rail before getting on a transporter. Went to dealer's 60th Anniversary party last night. We had both hoped it would get here this week so we could display it at the party. Oh well---surely it'll be here in a week or two.
My son saw one on display in a nearby town this week. Dealer was complaining about it sitting there for weeks. I asked my son what was the price he was asking--- $36+ DUH !!!!!

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
I've been watching delivery times like a hawk and our cars should have been here last week. I live in Iowa and was told my GTO would ship by train to the Twin Cities (Minnesota) and then by semi to Des Moines. The semi to Des Moines should take about 5 hours, so the huge hold up was getting them loaded in Cali, as I was told it was waiting for almost a week before it got a ride (as were MANY other GTOs). The 60-90 day after TPW is definitely 90 days for us because our GTO's barely missed the boat, AND then they barely missed the train shipment in Cali. My car's name is definitely NEMO!

Where the F%&* is NEMO?!?!? :mad:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
NEMO, Yes

edge929 said:
I've been watching delivery times like a hawk and our cars should have been here last week. I live in Iowa and was told my GTO would ship by train to the Twin Cities (Minnesota) and then by semi to Des Moines. The semi to Des Moines should take about 5 hours, so the huge hold up was getting them loaded in Cali, as I was told it was waiting for almost a week before it got a ride (as were MANY other GTOs). The 60-90 day after TPW is definitely 90 days for us because our GTO's barely missed the boat, AND then they barely missed the train shipment in Cali. My car's name is definitely NEMO!

Where the F%&* is NEMO?!?!? :mad:
--?? Nervously Expecting My Omologato ???
:D well, by Gar it ought to be soon. I took the 2-way radio out of my trade-in and started the paperwork, gave title to dealer, etc. Just need a few signatures and a CAR !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts