LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TPW just went from 11-24-03 status 3100 to 1-14-04 status 3300!
I ordered 8-1-03 and my TPW had always been 11-24.
I'm really getting pissed!

·
Registered
227 Posts
At 3300 you TPW isn't very firm yet. Once it goes to 3300 it should stay at the date. You ordered your car two months after alot of people did so a mid January tpw isn't that bad.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That is what I was worried about! My original TPW was 9/29, went to 10/03. Then when I got my VIN, my dealer said it was built 12/3, so I backed up 2 months!!!!

There is no logic to it!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Vel'racer

You are at status 5000, so your car was built a long time ago and should be at the dealer any day now. Your dealer gave you mis informaton.

·
Registered
293 Posts
VelodromeRacer said:
That is what I was worried about! My original TPW was 9/29, went to 10/03. Then when I got my VIN, my dealer said it was built 12/3, so I backed up 2 months!!!!

There is no logic to it!
The 12/3 date had to include any stateside processing. Does that mean TPW assumes the GTO has already been shiiped to the US?

·
Registered
524 Posts
My TPW just went from 11-24-03 status 3100 to 1-14-04 status 3300!
I ordered 8-1-03 and my TPW had always been 11-24.
I'm really getting pissed!

Hey man, chill. All of us in same boat to some extent. I started talking to dealer in February. Ordered first day of advance order program (to dealer) 6/4 with public announcement about the 20th. Many of us ordered similar time and have late TPW, others later with earlier TPW, and most of them have shifted. I'm beginning to think end of January now for delivery. Yah, they are screwed up and don't tell us anything, but no point in getting your blood pressure up. Pretty soon we all eat and drink too much and look like LIL'GTO's jet passenger.:confused: :( :mad: :drink:

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
I feel your pain 4th GTO. I joined the advanced order program on the 2nd day we were eligible back in June. My first TPW was 12/22/03. Then a couple of months later it was changed to 12/15/03 (today). Last week it again was changed to 1/19/03. I was pretty pissed off. I called Pontiac and my dealership. I realized that it wasn't either of their faults. They only problem I had was I'm getting a car the I order 'almost a year ago'. But I had to look on the bright side. I'm going to have a bigger down payment. And living in the Mountains of New Mexico, I'd have to deal with the snow and salt on the roads in Jan and Feb. So 4th GTO, we can expect our GTO's between March 19 and April 19. Right around the time for my vacation to Vegas :D :drink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts