LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
05 QS M6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have debating on getting a ati or going with ls2 427. I want to be over 500hp. I would to have some input on this. Im leaning towards all motor. Its a hard dis.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How about the 427 LS2 and the ATI Procharger.. haha but seriously id go the procharger route.. there going to be similar cost all said and done. You can always add more boost or more power through better heads/cams, other bolt ons.. if its a daily driver id go ATI Procharger all the way..

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Local guy has not had fun with his ATI, so I would not choose to try that direction myself. Others have had good luck with it.

500hp at the engine is very easy to do on a LS1 or LS2, 500rwhp can be done on LS1 and a bit easier on LS2 stock displacement. 500rwhp on 402 LS2 is pretty easy and 500rwhp on 427CID LS2 should be a breeze.

If you have the $$$ - no problem - money is the key to going fast.

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
The superchargers are kinda nice because they only add power when you want it. Cubes are fun, but chip away at your gas mileage. If youre not sure what you want, go with a stroker, so you can always add a supercharger later too :)

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
GTO_Scott said:
Local guy has not had fun with his ATI, so I would not choose to try that direction myself. Others have had good luck with it.

500hp at the engine is very easy to do on a LS1 or LS2, 500rwhp can be done on LS1 and a bit easier on LS2 stock displacement. 500rwhp on 402 LS2 is pretty easy and 500rwhp on 427CID LS2 should be a breeze.

If you have the $$$ - no problem - money is the key to going fast.
Just curious what problems he has had? Mine has been trouble free from day one and I know quite a few others also. I am just wondering if it is a fluke thing, poor install or if there is a problem I am unaware of with them. Always helps to know the good and bad about stuff you use :). Thanks.
Joe

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
kwiktsi said:
Just curious what problems he has had? Mine has been trouble free from day one and I know quite a few others also. I am just wondering if it is a fluke thing, poor install or if there is a problem I am unaware of with them. Always helps to know the good and bad about stuff you use :). Thanks.
Joe
I think it's layer 8 - really don't know, believe it's the only local ATI. We have 3 or more Maggies and different turbo setups in the club. Believe the ATI "issue" was the lack of quality in the kit, more a hack job than clean install. I didn't help install it, only going by what I've heard.

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
I saw the car it was installed on. Stuff didn't fit right, some of the things the kit askes you to do are lame, etc. It just didn't seem well polished. The head unit sounded like it had marbles in it, but supposedly that was just break in.

It ran good, made the power, but came on late. A great setup for drag racing, when you dont want too much uber low end torque.

·
05 QS M6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input. Money is not an issue. I see there are mix feeling about the kit. I think ls2 427 would be a nice sleeper. Make so it is not to loud.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Steel Chicken said:
I saw the car it was installed on. Stuff didn't fit right, some of the things the kit askes you to do are lame, etc. It just didn't seem well polished. The head unit sounded like it had marbles in it, but supposedly that was just break in.

It ran good, made the power, but came on late. A great setup for drag racing, when you dont want too much uber low end torque.
Are we talking about what's his face (mind went blank)- the guy who got banned? We all saw the quality of the install in some of his pics- I'm pretty sure that was most of it. That thing looked like a high school shop class put it in.
Joe

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
That's odd. The only thing I had to do was clock the housing a bit to get a better fit, far from "rebuilding". Bah, who cares- plenty of Procharger threads, not going to turn this into another he said-she said deal also :). I know mine works great and after seeing the performance potential/numbers on the "other" popular choice, I am very glad I went Procharger personally. Like everyone says- if you are happy with your setup, that's all that matters.
Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts