LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im thinking of buying a new predator with the latest software, but the web site says i need the latest emissions upadate or the predator wont work.so i called my dealer and asked about any updates and they said theres about 20 different updates and asked me what my car was doing? i dont want to tell them i need this so i can put a predator tune in.does anybody know what update i need and what the symtoms would be so i can tell them my car is doing it.they said gm wont let them just do updates unless theres a complaint.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I was surfing and found this regarding the Diablo for my "05.

Current revision for the Predator 2005 GM LS2 V8 Vehicles is R99. It is displayed on the main menu of all newer Predators and can also be updated with the PC Interface Kit. R99 Revision requires the vehicle to have the newest GM Warranty Update calibration from the GM Dealer

May 15, 2006: Information Regarding New Revisions R96 and up

New features in this release include:
Power enrichment
Spark
Idle RPM
Injector Slope
Shorter load times
Change rev. limiters & skip-shift settings
Updatable via the internet
Ability to adjust Fan settings and COT (Catalytic Over Temp)
Data logging capabilities
Resetable w/no VIN locking
Plus much, much more!!
With the release of the U7191 R96 and R97 Revision, DiabloSport also built increasing levels of performance and stability into the tunes. Many developers and testers contributed numerous new features and security improvements during the development cycle, again demonstrating the strength of DiabloSport’s commitment to powerful and stable tunes.

August 9, 2006: Information on New Revision R99
Now Supports the 2006 Impala SS, Monte Carlo SS, and 5.3L V8 Pontiac GXP.
Must have Vin Code for engine= C for these new applications.
Predator Applications The Predator for the 2005-2006 GM LS2/LS4 V8 Vehicles is applicable for the following vehicles:

2005 Only C6 Corvette
2005-2006 LS2 Chevrolet SSR Truck
2005-2006 LS2 Pontiac GTO
2006 LS2 Trailblazer SS
2006 5.3L V8 LS4 Chevrolet Impala SS
2006 5.3L V8 LS4 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
2006 5.3L V8 LS4 Pontiac GXP

What is the GM Predator?

The Predator for 2005-2006 GM V8 LS2/LS4 Vehicles is a state-of-the art high performance tuning flash programmer, which advances the timing, optimizes the air/fuel ratio and remaps the transmission shift points (in automatic transmissions). Unlike other 'tuners', DiabloSport’s programming is performed in very small increments throughout the entire RPM range, for a smoother, wider and a more predictable power delivery.

Why to get DiabloSport Predator?

The flash tuner that allows for end user adjustability
The flash tuner which accepts custom tunes directly from DiabloSport or from ChipMaster Revolution dealers that you can install yourself.
The flash tuner with built-in advanced diagnostic capability that displays fault codes along with descriptions of the code right on the Predator screen.
The flash tuner with data monitoring capability
The flash tuner with a true graphical display that's 300% larger then the competition's puny text only display.
The flash tuner running on a custom high performance, multi-threading KROS operating system
In house engineering and manufacturing is the only way to assure quality in every component. DiabloSport does it all, from molding the plastic to automated assembly of each product. Check out their virtual Factory Tour

Dyno Tested Performance Tunes

The Predator was created with one thing in mind, POWER!
Performance Tune: Designed to add power and torque using premium fuel.
Factory Tune: Designed for users who wants to adjust parameters using the factory tune.
Ability to hold 1 Custom Tune
Predator will unlock upon original backup restore.
Read and Write time is about 30 seconds respectively.
The Predators additional power makes itself noticeable immediately with an increase in power that starts in the low RPMs and builds into a frenzy at the high RPMs.

Average power gains are in 10-20 RWHP range in the cars and 20-30 RWHP in the truck line. The Predators additional power makes itself noticeable immediately with an increase in power that starts in the low RPMs and builds into a frenzy at the high RPMs.

A Predator equipped vehicle will notice significant improvements in drivability. The additional power and improved shift patterns created by the Predator tune will yield quicker acceleration, firmer shifts, better mileage and improved driving characteristics.

The power increase in the lower RPMs will yield a better throttle response; help maintain speeds on inclines and towing. The wider power band that the Predator creates will be particularly noticeable in city driving, where speeds constantly change. The mid-to-upper power increase is extremely useful on the highway when passing slower vehicles and to quickly maneuver out of emergency situations.

The increase in MPG is a byproduct of maximized engine efficiency, the improved timing curve and air/fuel ratio creates a more complete combustion, i.e. the engine extracts more power from each molecule of gasoline. Predator tunes re-map the:

Fuel Curves
Timing Curves
Torque Management
Extend Rev Limiters

DiabloSport Performance tunes require the use of Super Unleaded / Premium grade fuel only, like carried by Amoco/BP, Sunoco or Mobil.

Adjustable Parameters
The Predator features end user adjustable parameters so the end user can customize his/her tune depending on other modifications done to the vehicle. Because we allow for timing and fuel adjustments the end user can optimize the tune for his/hers specific vehicle utilizing a dyno with proper air fuel monitoring and utilizing the Predator's live data feature to monitor timing and other vital parameters.

The Predator allows the end user to adjust the following parameters:
WOT Timing Table 1000-1800rpm (+15/- 40%)
WOT Timing Table 2000-3800rpm (+15/- 40%)
WOT Timing Table 4000-7000rpm (+15/- 40%)
WOT Fuel Table 2000-3800rpm (+/- 20%)
WOT Fuel Table 4000-7000rpm (+/- 20%)
Injector Slope (+/- 40%)
Adjust for different injector size
Adjust for long term fuel trims
Idle in drive and park/neutral (+/- 400rpm)
Rev Limiters in drive and park/neutral (+/- 400rpm)
Applied Fan Power vs. ECT (Engine Temp) (+/- 20%)
CAGS(Skip Shift) ON/OFF
COT (Catalytic Overtemp) Time Delay (0-60 seconds)
Allows end user to control amount of time before entering into COT protections which adds fuel to cool the converters off.
COT ON/OFF
Allows the end user to turn the COT strategy completely off, for vehicles with no cats.

Diagnostics and Live Data Monitoring

The Predators diagnostic features allows end user scan and erase fault codes as well as monitor and record live data while driving. Predator can read and erase fault codes, and contains all the manufacturer specific P codes.

Custom Tuning

We can do custom tunes for almost any application without the need for end user to send us the Predator. We have the PC interface software available for download and the tunes can be sent via e-mails. Please visit our Custom Tuning Page for more info.

Many of your custom tuning questions involving DiabloSport products may already be answered in the FAQ section of DiabloSport's website. If not you can post questions and get the answers in 24 hours. Please refer to FAQ.

I e-mailed company and got this response, I wont show the name because their not a sponser

Dear Don,

The R99 revision was programmed to work on LS2 motor vehicles that had the corrected GM tuning. GM found and remedied various flaws in the engine tuning that caused driveability problems. DiabloSport requires a stable base file from GM to make sure that the tuning will provide the proper results. The predator will tell you if you need to see your GM dealer for the newest WARRANTY COVERED dealer reflash. The predator will be compatible with a K&N drop in filter.

We recommend that GM users do not use aftermarket Mass Air Flow sensors or remove the screen on the factory mass air flow or drill holes in the stock air box. Such modifications make the vehicle run worse because it causes in accurate air measurement signals with the highly accurate factory mass air flow sensor.

Hope that helps. I don't know what I am going to say to the dealer yet.?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the dealer reflash? it must have a number or tsb that i can tell them to do.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ttt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts