LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we're all waiting......and waiting......and waiting, I thought I'd ask everyone about they're first car. Kind of like the GTO (kind of), my first car was a bit of a sleeper. It was a 77 Monte but had a nicely built 350 and a 12 bolt posi with 3.73's. Tan with brown stripes, but actually not as bad as it sounds. I tossed out the swivel buckets because they got stuck all the time!! It was a boat high school car but fun to surprise people with. I had a 68 Camaro after the Monte's various wiring problems drove me crazy, and it was a great car, but the sleeper Monte was more fun. I know I made fun of someone's 6000 STE a while back so feel free to crack on my Monte!! So what did everyone else have?

·
Silver Back!
277 Posts
I had a 65 Nova Deuce Coupe. All original! Most people thought the car was ugly but it ran like bat out of hell. I loved that car. So did the guy who stole it. Never saw it in the same shape again. Insurance didnt give what it was truely worth but only a car guy would have known the real value of it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
71 nova stock junior in high school 700 bucks at the time 10 years old with low miles pioneer super tuner a/m f/m first mod crager slots polished 14inch then buckets and so on and so

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
'66 Pontiac Catalina 4 door, 389 with High Compression heads.

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
66 GTO, all numbers matching tripower 4spd, PW, PS, Rally Gauges, Rally 1's. Ran good but was rusty.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
1978 Mustang II coupe with the 2.3L 4-banger. It was a decent car for high school, but it had to go when college started. As the next cars were a Geo Metro and a Saturn SC2, I'm counting the GTO as my first REAL car ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
1964 Pontiac Catalina Ventura 2 door hardtop with 389 4-speed.
When I put headers on it the starter solenoid was in the way so I sawed it off and used a choke cable to engage the starter gear!! Those were the days!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
First car;

1967 Chevelle. Started life as a 283 with da' glide. Killed the motor, spit the tranny and walked the rear end. A 454, 400 turbo, 12 bolt posi unit and $5,000 dollars later. It was a riot.

Last car I truly enjoyed;

1997 Anniversary Edition Z28, white w/ orange stripes, houndstooth interior, all options. A SLP CAI, Granatelli MAF, 4.10's, Moser Axles, etc. and $3,000 dollars later. It was a riot.

Unfortunately the '97 Z was no more reliable than my '67 Chevelle.

·
Registered
294 Posts
1967 Buick Riveria, 2nd owner, had a 430 C.I. motor which I exchanged the "quadrajunk" 4bbl carb with a Holley 4bbl. It also had factory mag wheels and posi-track I remember putting "orange peeler" glasspacks and off I went.

This baby was not the boattail, had power everything and a black hardtop. hidden headlights and a speedo that was a drum that rotated with a fixed needle.

I drove this beast around with the auto in 2nd or 3rd and went through so many u joints that I had to sell!!

Then I got really sick with a diease called "british car diease" and bought a 1973 Triumph spitfire. Still in recovery from that period and own two more british cars, one is as fast as any car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
524 Posts
57 Chevy Station wagon "210". 4 door. Power Pack engine= 4 bbl and dual exhaust. Powerglide. hand me down from farm trailer tow vehicle (Mom ran a pony farm) Ran it 150k miles and traded for the 64 GTO-Midnight Blue,4 speed, 4bbl, power nothing.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
1955 green Chevy Bel-Air. It had a radio and everything. It cost me $25. I wish I still had it.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
84 Posts
1969 Olds 4-4-2. 400 ci, 350 hp, Holley carb, headers, Accel Coil and plug wires. It was a fast, loud car. I drove it from age 17 to 24.

·
Now I gotta Goat!!!!
487 Posts
1969 LeMans four door hard top (no posts), 350 4 bbl, TH350 with column shifter, bench seat.

Bought it in 1980 for $600.00. Sold it in 1982 for a grand.

·
Registered
33 Posts
1983 Pontiac J2000, which I believe was the forerunner to the Sunbird (maybe someone can correct me on that). Speedometer didn't work, passenger door handle was busted, doors were rusted, and it had a chipmunk on a treadmill under the hood. But man, I was proud of that car. I've only bought Pontiacs since.

·
Registered
399 Posts
My first car was a 1956 Pontiac 4 door hartop two tone green. It had a 317 cu.in. engine 2 barrel carb and a hydramatic.
Just before I turned 19, I bought a 65 GTO. It was Palmetto Green 335 hp with a powerglide tranny.
In 67, I bought a 360hp 4 sp GTO white with a black vinyl top and black int. I went to Viet Nam in 68 and 69 and came home and bought a 70 GTO blue with black vinyl top, 4 sp.
Then I got married and that ended the hot cars until now:D
Now I have a Silver/black 6 sp coming!

·
large member
105 Posts
Brand new 1973 Gran Torino Sport Fastback, bright red with a black interior. 351W. Best looking car I ever owned, had it a year and that G--D--- Starsky and Hutch came out and then you'd see a million red 74 notchbacks. Wish I had kept it though....

·
LS1 Enthusiast!
154 Posts
Three hundred five cubic inches of solid, 1977 Chevy Impala power!
Hahaha! Hey, it was 600 bucks when I was 16, what else you
want me to do :)

Gladly, now I'm 30 and can afford something a bit nicer.

·
Goatman
228 Posts
First car I ever owned was the one I grew up with: my Mariner Blue w/ turquoise interior '67 GTO post car, black cordova roof cover, 4 speed, std 400cid 4 barrel stock motor, rally gauges, center console, tinted windows,...

1 - 20 of 136 Posts