LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you could design something new for the GTO, what would you do to it?

Me personally, I would change the rear fender. It just looks way too low. It makes the car look like it's lower in the rear than it is in the front. Maybe even give it a nice stylish lip to allow for some wider tires/wheels out back...

I would also give it dual double exhaust tips rather than just to one side....but that's just me...

Sort of like this....

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Recess the twin port grilles, add a trim ring around them perhaps. Change the side skirt, rear spoiler, and rear bumper design. And of course, the hood scoops everyone wants. Make all the Monaro's optional equipment optional on the GTO for those who want to pay for it. Lastly, 400HP, standard.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I would do something about the rear wheel wells. The rear tires look small even though they are the same size as the fronts. And they do not lend themselves to larger rubber.

I used to want a hoodscoop but now I'm torn on the idea.

More horsepower but that is a given. Bigger Better Faster More is the American way.

If I had a tru hand in the design, I would make the back end more "hippy", kind of like the cars of the late 60's early 70's. Right now the 04' cars have a big [email protected]@ and I would rather see wide hips. That would lend itself to lowing the roof line with our changing it, giving the car a more agressive stance.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
IF anything

I'd have desired larger wheel wells in the rear for needed tires.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Convertible or at least a big sunroof!

·
Been here for a long time...
4,662 Posts
TriShield said:
Recess the twin port grilles, add a trim ring around them perhaps. Change the side skirt, rear spoiler, and rear bumper design. And of course, the hood scoops everyone wants. Make all the Monaro's optional equipment optional on the GTO for those who want to pay for it. Lastly, 400HP, standard.
Sounds like the '05 from what's going around :)

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Factory headers.
Dan

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Rocket said:
put ANYTHING on the Front OTHER than a Grand Prix Nose! :(
i happen to like the front end. i hate the fact that all pontiacs look the same now. now i really have to look hard to figure out out if it is a Grand prix, comp G, GTP. or bonneville GXP, GPXTPSPCPXPI...........................um, yeah. you get it.

i also agree that it should come with LARGER TIRES. i mean, come on, this is the CORVETTE engine. why in the hell did they give us pizza cutters.

i would also add a sunroof, or tops. and HIDS. that would be nice.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
04bluegto said:
I would of liked a sunroof but who has a sunroof on a vette? I dont think tops would look right and only what a convertible if its a hard top. So I think we got the best design.

haha, they could have given us targa tops. this would have taken up even more of our "limited" trunk space. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts