LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a relatively stock Goat...LS1 Speed intake, nothing else. I am thinking of either doing some mid lengths or an SLP loudmouth in the spring. Would you guys suggest a Predator tune or spend a bit more and have LS1 Speed do it? I am thinking the latter would be better, but as always, I look to you!

Brett

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
Given a chance at a custom tune for your car, I'd definitely jump that way. A Predator is a fine mail order best-guess device, and works well... for what it is, a compromise. I say that even though I sell them daily to Mustang and GM drivers... they work fine, but you cen get a lot more from tuning aimed at your specific vehicle, aka dyno tuned.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your very honest answer, it is much appreciated!

Brett

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Both are roughly the same price, the tune by Speed Inc. is by far more thorough and will be more beneficial. It'll also be proven on the rollers right away. A handheld hits 90% of what you need but isn't a true "custom tailored" tune to YOUR specific car.

The handhelds are great for doing basic changes like fan speeds, tire sizes, gear changes, removing speed limiters, etc, but otherwise, you'll be happier having Jim work his magic.

Also an SLP Loudmouth isn't something you need to tune for. Anything after the post cat O2 sensor is nothing more than noise abatement.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i agree with CMNT.
i am in the same boat as you BT. i have the speed inc on right now. im gonna do the Loudmouth in the next year. and i am pretty sure at some point im gonna headers (which is when i will get the custome tune, probably by Speed inc). i like the predator alot. but if you are gonna do anything more than an intake and cat back, then the best thing is either a custom dyno tune or a mail order tune on the predator performed by RTWD. so im just gonna wait until my mods warrant the custom tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts