LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running the GMM Ripshift Race for about 6 years now and am about fed-up with the incessant " Rattle" it makes . I mean I love the feel of the shifter, but am sick of the rattle. Nothing is loose, used Red Loctite.
When I hold side pressure on it, it stops. It is worse at high RPMs.
Not willing to go back to OEM ---Too sloppy
Thoughts/ Comments / Suggestions?

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,023 Posts
I really like my Billet Pro shifter but it was expensive and the price seems to be increasing. It's probably being discontinued...
Also, the GTOG8TA repro. shift knob doesn't seat all the way down on it so the only twist resistance comes from RTV. That said, there can be a slight twist...

Relevant; it's very quiet, minimal rattle if any that I can recall.

·
My other car has wings
439 Posts
Installed the MGW-P late last year, thrilled with it! Admittedly I have the DSS carbon fiber driveshaft but my MGW is just as quiet as the stock shifter was.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I got an MGW-P but when I was in the market for a new shifter I had it narrowed down to MGW-P and the jhp billet pro. The billet pro is more like the stock shifter in that it has what can be described as offset linkage which keeps the knob at pretty much the same height in all gears. The MGW-P on the other hand is just sort of like a handle with a bend in it so when you're in 1,3,5,r the knob is higher and when in 2,4,6 the knob is lower. At first I didn't think I would like that but it actually follows the pivot point of your shoulder better imo.

·
GR-RRR!
4,445 Posts
I really like my Billet Pro shifter but it was expensive and the price seems to be increasing. It's probably being discontinued...
Also, the GTOG8TA repro. shift knob doesn't seat all the way down on it so the only twist resistance comes from RTV. That said, there can be a slight twist...

Relevant; it's very quiet, minimal rattle if any that I can recall.
My GTOG8TA knob fit very tight, but fit all the way onto the BP handle. The Billet Pro is an awesome shifter and robust as all get out.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,494 Posts
I like the Silky one, and want to get one. I didn't like the MGW-P that much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts