LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to be honest i think i like the Thrustars better, they look like the old styly with the new school kick to me... but i really like both. the matrix on the other hand look like old ones alittle, but have the cut in them that resembles the pontiac symbol...

what do you guys think???

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
Matrix looks better to me!

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Of those 2 - matrix. I still like the OEM's better than either, but that's just me...
Dan

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Tough choice. They are very similar. I'd go with the Matrix on a Yellow car and the Thrustar on a Black car.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I like the Matrix. Looks more Rally II to me.

Why didn't they call the stock wheel Rally IV's? That would have made me happy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
Of those 2 - matrix. I still like the OEM's better than either, but that's just me...
Dan
I completely agree with DANSLS1. Also, both of those choices are close enough to the stock wheels that maybe you should consider getting yours chromed. I don't know how much that costs, but it could be cheaper than a new set of rims.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
getting them chromed only costs 100.00 per rim... plus 95 bucks shipping... and this is from a great place in Cali... and i am in jersey/delaware. i would do it in a hart beat, but i don't have extra rims to use on the car, and i also don't have a place that i can just leave my car on jack stands for two months. Any quality chroming job will take a while, and since this is my daily driver i don't have the time or extra car to do this. i really wish i could. plus its always nice to have the none chrome rims for winter. don't want the salt to mess with the finish.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I prefer the Matrix look. Both are good though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts