LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The difference between the LS1 and LS6 is easy.... Is the LS2 an entirely new engine, or different stuff packed in and on the LS1 block? The new motor trend indicates that GM has a version of the LS2 that is "between 700 and 725 HP"..... that would be NICE!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
same block. slightly longer stroke=6.0L, instead of 5.7L. 15lbs lighter than LS1. 400HP. Displacement on demand.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
The orginal LS1 shared very little parts with the LS6. The LS6 has much nicer heads, block, intake manifold, etc. Now a days they use the LS6 block and intake manifold when building LS1's.

The LS2 is another step beyond the LS6. 400HP (non-DOD for GTO/C6). Think of an LS6 6.0L. After more shops tear them down I'm sure there will be some differences that they will notice.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
same block. slightly longer stroke=6.0L, instead of 5.7L. 15lbs lighter than LS1. 400HP. Displacement on demand.
This suprised me. I would have expected a larger bore instead. Is the compression the same?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
mlc said:
thanks.
This says it does have a larger bore.

DY. when are we gong to see pictures of the new colors?

hmm, interesting. could have sworn that someone said it was the same bore.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Now lemme see this straight.. If I wanted to turn my engine into ls6. I already have intake manifold as i know, so i will need ls6 cams, springs, and heads???? are pistons and rods the same as ls1?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts