LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Not a winner?
Joined
·
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't feel like spending the 4 grand right away . so how about you guys give me some advice on the parts that i should be starting off with to be able to end up with one of the nicer set ups after i buy all the parts. and in what order should i get them?
 

·
Blowed Up...
Joined
·
11,360 Posts
depends what kind of driving you do with the car.

Sway bars and a bushing set would be a nice start for sure though.
 

·
Beer Geek
Joined
·
3,713 Posts
Rear subframe or rear crossmember bushings, same part. Front strut top bushings. Front radius rod bushings.

At the rate you are going you are going to have more posts then me next Wednesday. A certain amount of facility with the search button is expected above 1000 posts, like it or not.
 

·
Blowed Up...
Joined
·
11,360 Posts
Yeah... search swmn name and read all of the suspension threads he was involved in. He has some great rider feedback! And he is going through the stages of upgrading suspension also.
 

·
Beer Geek
Joined
·
3,713 Posts
TrakDay said:
Yeah... search swmn name and read all of the suspension threads he was involved in. He has some great rider feedback! And he is going through the stages of upgrading suspension also.
And if you want to know about dropping your ET, TrakDay is on the short list of people to 'find all threads by'. Thanks for the reference Mick.
 

·
Still a communist state
Joined
·
12,479 Posts
ill be doing pedders street 2 and hotchkiss swaybars for my suspension and thats it
 

·
Not a winner?
Joined
·
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
swmn said:
Rear subframe or rear crossmember bushings, same part. Front strut top bushings. Front radius rod bushings.

At the rate you are going you are going to have more posts then me next Wednesday. A certain amount of facility with the search button is expected above 1000 posts, like it or not.
yes i understand that search is available. i've looked over many threads so far. but for the exact application i want. i prefered to ask directly. What i need is someone to tell me the exact order of parts that i am able to get one by one that won't damage anything by not having the full upgrade.
 

·
Not a winner?
Joined
·
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TrakDay said:
depends what kind of driving you do with the car.

Sway bars and a bushing set would be a nice start for sure though.
i'm not really going to be going for the 1/4 mile very often because that is far enough away from me so that it wouldn't be an every weekend thing. i want highspeed handleing. not just straight line. and i want to be able to take turns more comfortably. but also not destroy the super smooth ride quality. probably lower the the front 1 1/2 to 2 inches. and the rear would be half that. i don't like the whole lowered look all around. IMO just doesn't look right for the shape of our cars
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,492 Posts
jamesbiz said:
i'm not really going to be going for the 1/4 mile very often because that is far enough away from me so that it wouldn't be an every weekend thing. i want highspeed handleing. not just straight line. and i want to be able to take turns more comfortably. but also not destroy the super smooth ride quality. probably lower the the front 1 1/2 to 2 inches. and the rear would be half that. i don't like the whole lowered look all around. IMO just doesn't look right for the shape of our cars
ADD a PEDDERS Street ll Kit and you will be fine...If you need any help please give me a call Frank 908-892-1882..:)
 

·
Registered Gator
Joined
·
506 Posts
My First GTO said:
PEDDERS X-members, Radius-rod up front,HD End Links...2 start...Frank
+1 - The sweetest part of a Pedderized GTO is that as your speed increases the Car feels better - triple digits are very addictive. I'd also say New Tires that are properly forced balanced ; all lugs torqued by non-airwrench ; 4-wheel aligned and inflated correctly is critical to high speed runs...:)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,492 Posts
jamesbiz said:
so whats the difference with the other suspensions on the market?
Lets just start with Nation wide SERVICE NOBODY can OFFER that....:burnout: WE Have a Dealer network from coast to coast and more to come...frank
 

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
Joined
·
2,048 Posts

·
Not a winner?
Joined
·
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My First GTO said:
We Will be soon...Since that leaves me as your dealer...Frank
where exactly are you gonna be again? oh and. i know this is a stupid question but what parts that i'm not going to be replacing will lose warrenty on my car? Yes for the moment i'm a little concerned about warrenty. either i get more money soon or i'm going to get in touch with someone at a dealership that will help me out with it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,492 Posts
jamesbiz said:
where exactly are you gonna be again? oh and. i know this is a stupid question but what parts that i'm not going to be replacing will lose warrenty on my car? Yes for the moment i'm a little concerned about warrenty. either i get more money soon or i'm going to get in touch with someone at a dealership that will help me out with it.
Your warranty will be fine at any GM dealership....
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top