LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Happily paid my guzzler tax
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Boyd Coddington Magneatos from my last vehicle. I can't seem to sell them, so I was thinking of having wheel adapters made and installing them on the GTO. They are a staggered fitment, 18x8,18x9, with 245's and 275's 45s. I don't think the rear tires will fit from the sound of folks who have tried 275s on the 17s. Does anyone have any advice on this issue? Oh, the wheels are 5x114.3 off of my old 350z.

·
Registered
267 Posts
simpy said:
I have a set of Boyd Coddington Magneatos from my last vehicle. I can't seem to sell them, so I was thinking of having wheel adapters made and installing them on the GTO. They are a staggered fitment, 18x8,18x9, with 245's and 275's 45s. I don't think the rear tires will fit from the sound of folks who have tried 275s on the 17s. Does anyone have any advice on this issue? Oh, the wheels are 5x114.3 off of my old 350z.
The rears would need to be 5x120 somehow , and the offset will have to be +52mm for 275 to fit.

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
keep in mind the offset on the GTO lugs is metric (Australian)...but, since your old wheels are from a Nissan, they may be compatable!

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
simpy said:
Here's the problem. 350Zs have ~30mm or less offset (I think the coddingtons for the 350z are in the 20mm range). That's TOOOO much offset to begin with (you need in the 40s in front and the 50s in rear). The addition of wheel adapters (required to go from 5x120 to 5x114.3) will add additional negative offset. Basically, your wheels will stick out of the fender well!!!

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
miscreant said:
Basically, your wheels will stick out of the fender well!!!
ohhhhh! While you're at it, maybe you can get gold spoke wheels that are REALLY small, like they have on the pimped out cadillacs in downtown LA! LOL! :)

·
Happily paid my guzzler tax
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice. Hard to type, still picturing the gold spokes...lol..
Looks like I am back to the drawing board for wheels, the staggered fit is so hard to sell in that pattern.

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
simpy said:
Thanks for the advice. Hard to type, still picturing the gold spokes...lol..
Looks like I am back to the drawing board for wheels, the staggered fit is so hard to sell in that pattern.
Try the G35 coupe crowd as well if you are trying to sell...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts