LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didnt have my camera today :bomb: so I had to use some crappy 1.5meg camera. Oh well.

Based on looking at the car thoroughly the other day while on a test drive I put together a set of wheels & tires I thought would fit. Then yesterday we had one come in for testing and measuring. My guess worked right on. We will have approved fitments in the system by Tuesday.

Anyway, I put on a set of 18x8 245-40-18 and 18x9 with 285-35-18 (bit taller than oe, but wanted to use the Nitto Drag). Smoothie IIs. Check the pics.

The fronts come pretty maxxed out stock. Definitly no room to move inwards. Some more room can be found up front with some fender rolling, but this setup I did is very close to the strut up front, and on turning is a mere millimeter or so off the fenderwell plastic lining.

Rears have plenty of room...Ill be experimenting with some more extreme fitments back there. Going 18" 245-40 and 275-35 is going to be the popular, and easy set up. Offsets a re a bit goofy so I expect a lot of custom wheels built for this car...which is good. be different! Boyd Coddington and I will be working together to make some really nice stuff for the GTO.

Upon further inspection...this is a 5-120.

:cheers:

Feel free to ask any questions

·
Banned
504 Posts
SSKILLZ said:
To dispell any rumors...this is a true 5x4.75/5-120.65 bolt pattern like the vette and fbodies. yay! It is NOT a 5-120 bmw type pattern.
ROH & Intro wheels have both done wheels fittings on the GTO and both independently confirmed the the lug pattern is 5x120mm. As did a local Pontiac dealer.

ROH and I tried using several different 5x4.75/120.65 wheels from their stock and none of them fit. The wheels on my Goat are 5x120mm.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll go over it again...just to be sure. But we measured 5-120.65 and the wheels I threw on for a test were 5-120.65. Fit like a glove.

However...as im sure you know, better safe than sorry. We'll triple check!

·
Banned
504 Posts
As released by Pontiac:

The GTO hub has a 5x120.00mm bolt circle diameter.
The offset is 48 mm for both 17-inch and 18-inch wheels.
The GTO wheels have 8.0 inch wide rims.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Howie said:
As released by Pontiac:

The GTO hub has a 5x120.00mm bolt circle diameter.
The offset is 48 mm for both 17-inch and 18-inch wheels.
The GTO wheels have 8.0 inch wide rims.
I just got back from a Dealership in Dayton,Oh that has a GTO with a set of Privat 17" wheels on the original tires. The wheels are 17x8 with a 40 offset.
This is the second time I've looked at these wheels. But this time I took a ruler and stuck it up under the rear wheel well and especially on the right side there is no way these look to me like they will clear as I couldn't hold the ruler perpendicular to the ground. I then went to a GTO with stock wheels and there was no problem. So I guess that leaves me no choice but to get custom wheels :drink: more money!

·
Registered
24 Posts
5 on 120 mm is the correct bolt circle. A 5 on 4 3/4 (120.65) will go on the car but you stand a chance of wheel vibration.

I have spoken with a highly recognized wheel manufacturer/vendor to GM and Holden and they already provide numerous combos to Holden. I am working to get them release here.
:thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts