LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody put the eibach springs on their GTO yet? If so did they get rid of it. They say that will elimante rear squating and wheel hop. Just wondering before I spend the money.

·
12 Second Club
672 Posts
I to want to know. Looks like a possible solution.
Anyone know the spring rates on the oem springs VS the Eibach's? I read somewhere the factory rears were 200lb, dont know if thats correct.

·
Resident Douche M3 Driver
1,597 Posts
I realize this may be apples to oranges, but on the Cobra I replaced my springs and installed poly-eurethane bushings, and now my wheel hop is no more.

I'm not sure how the IRS in the GTO compares to the Cobra, but I hope this helps

·
NASCAR-A-HOLIC
1,211 Posts
Buddy of mine at work that raced cars for years said the same about the bushings. They will eliminate wheel hop and body roll big time.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
gordo24fan said:
Buddy of mine at work that raced cars for years said the same about the bushings. They will eliminate wheel hop and body roll big time.
Yep, the stock rubber bushings are there for a soft, quiet ride. Poly bushings have less give thus you will feel a bit more road through the suspension and they tend to make noise if you dont keep them lubed, but they are also more solid thus giving you better performance.

I did about 50% of the bushings in the front of my Honda along with an aftermarket radius arm kit (traction bars) and poly motor mount inserts (which is a big improvement for front drive cars) and it helped wheel hop to the point it was gone on the track and almost gone on the street. Of course instead it just spun the tires instead. :banghead: (Thats what happens when you have a 350whp+ fwd car!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts