LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're not into wheel tighter wheel fitment or stretched tires you arent going to like this thread, sorry not sorry. You're in the drifting section and this is what alot of us are into.

anyways im looking at an 18x9 +35, havent decided on a tire size, maybe 235/35/18?

Im really not worried about cutting the inner fender lip, rolling, pulling, whatever. I'm not looking to scrape the shit outta my tires but i'd like the fitment to be half decent.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
If you're not into wheel tighter wheel fitment or stretched tires you arent going to like this thread, sorry not sorry.
I don't understand. You are sorry or you're not? Also, I don't think "wheel tighter wheel fitment" is a thing. I could be wrong. Do you proof read your posts before posting, or just hope for the best?

I'll let you in on a little secret:
The only way to present yourself as an intelligent human being on the internet is through the proper use of grammar and punctuation. Otherwise, we all just assume the worst.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't understand. You are sorry or you're not? Also, I don't think "wheel tighter wheel fitment" is a thing. I could be wrong. Do you proof read your posts before posting, or just hope for the best?

I'll let you in on a little secret:
The only way to present yourself as an intelligent human being on the internet is through the proper use of grammar and punctuation. Otherwise, we all just assume the worst.
Cool story guy. keep correcting my typo's and grammar to keep this thread at the top of the front page, I really don't mind.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Cool story guy. keep correcting my typo's and grammar to keep this thread at the top of the front page, I really don't mind.
First, my reply wasn't a story.

Second, I didn't correct any of your typos or grammar. I simply suggested a new way with which to present your posts.

I did, however, ask you two questions. Neither of which you replied to. Why am I not surprised?

Don't answer that.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First, my reply wasn't a story.

Second, I didn't correct any of your typos or grammar. I simply suggested a new way with which to present your posts.

I did, however, ask you two questions. Neither of which you replied to. Why am I not surprised?

Don't answer that.
Rhetorical questions made from someone just trying to get me mad don't need to be answered. I'm really not upset, I just feel bad that you spend your time on the internet correcting posts. I'm 25 and that's my prerogative to speak, type, and act how I want. I don't believe I did anything wrong here and if I have offended you, which it sounds like I have, please PM me and we can talk it out there. Have a nice day. :pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not trying to get you mad, I haven't corrected any of your posts, you didn't do anything wrong, and you haven't offended me.
alright word up dog we hella cool y'all letz take a selfie doe! :D:D:D

lmao just kidding man!

·
Unleaded Regular Member
1,903 Posts
Twenty Five. ahhhhh, to be young again..

·
'12-'13 ScrScca SM Champ
7,095 Posts
Can I just point out I am 23 and don't act like that.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wow a lot of hate off the back lol. A 235 on a 9 inch wheel is perfect in my opinion. I'm running a 235 azenis on a 9.5" wheel on my 240 roller and it looks great.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know a guy that has a 205 on a 10" wheel on his GTO. That is super tyte, brah.
I used to have 215/45/17 on a 17x9 but thats as big of a stretch as ive ever done and it was on my 240SX

i think im gonna take your advice and do an 18x8.5 in the front +35 offset and ill probably just use factory tires size 235/40/18 but ill be running a Falken RT615K which is XL I believe .

Spohn just came out with an adjustable lower control arm and an adjustable radius rod so I'm gonna see how much that helps. The guys at spohn said the lower control arms will give you more camber than you'll ever need (DEMON CAMBER RAHHHH!!:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:) and they recommended getting the radius rods also. All available next week. If I can get like -3.5 degrees in the front I think that'll correct the roll center issue our cars have for drifting.

·
'12-'13 ScrScca SM Champ
7,095 Posts
If you make the arm longer you will gain more camber but almost move the tire out so it hits the fender.

They are stupid product.

·
GTslOw
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you make the arm longer you will gain more camber but almost move the tire out so it hits the fender.

They are stupid product.
sheesh so much anger in your posts. I just want more negative camber to improve the roll center for drifting. i think these will do that for me. but thats not what the thread is about im looking for wheel fitment that will be tight and will be less likely to hit my tie rods with shanes knuckles

But if you cut your fenders or run flares/wide fenders they'd work fine I'm sure.
yeah im really not opposed to any of that. i like the look of flares.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Could you just run 15mm spacers with stock size wheels? If you only want to run 235/40/18 tires you might have more tie rod clearance but you wouldn't need to cut the fender

1 - 20 of 49 Posts