LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
I can get you 17, 18, 19x8 for the front/ rear and 17, 18, 19x9 on the rear. I have several different styles to choose for ready to ship with or without tires.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howie said:
I can get you 17, 18, 19x8 for the front/ rear and 17, 18, 19x9 on the rear. I have several different styles to choose for ready to ship with or without tires.
Howie,I would like you to send me some pics and prices for 17" wheels. Mainly interested in 5 spoke chrome style. I know that the offset is 48mm, but how much can you vary from this and still be ok?

·
Banned
504 Posts
4th GTO,

You've got mail, check you pm's.

·
Registered Cruiser
77 Posts
4th GTO said:
Most wheels that I've found that I like are 17x7.5. Could I use these knowing that standard wheels are 17x8? I will be using original tires.
I have 17x7.5 rims on my Commodore. At the moment, I am running 235/45/17 tyres on these rims, but the 7.5" width limits your tyre choice to 245s. Other folks are running anything up to 265s on 8" rims with no guard mods.

Mick

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've got some 18's coming in this week and a set of Bridgestones for them, if the weather cooperates and I like the look I'll get some pics up after the weekend. Going with P245/40R18 91W RE750's on A-R-E Royales. I'll see if I can get a pic of them up this week. They are actually somewhat similar to stock except chrome with rivets on the end of each spoke. If I'm satisfied with the look and the offset I'll go with them, I'm in a position where I can send them back easily if I don't. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Howie said:
Howie, I have not been able to find out if 245/45 is the widest tire that you can fit without modifications on the stock factory wheel. Can you shed any light on the subject? I would like to keep the stock wheel and run the widest tire that will fit. Thanks

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
After hearing a couple of other people who did it I put 275/40-17's on the back on the stock rims. They call for a 9" rim but two tire places said it would work as long as you keep PSI at 30 instead of 35.

They fit just fine, but I get a slight rub on one side when I bottom out. Once I figure out which one it is and exactly where it rubs I'll have the fender well rolled. It can't be much because normal bumps don't do anything, only when I really sink down low in a dip or going into a high driveway.

I really wanted to go wider in the rear but didn't want to buy all new wheels. The car looks much more aggressive from the back now and the tire doesn't look too fat around the rim. The nice thing is there are no speedo issues either.

Dave

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wavydavy GTO said:
After hearing a couple of other people who did it I put 275/40-17's on the back on the stock rims. They call for a 9" rim but two tire places said it would work as long as you keep PSI at 30 instead of 35.

They fit just fine, but I get a slight rub on one side when I bottom out. Once I figure out which one it is and exactly where it rubs I'll have the fender well rolled. It can't be much because normal bumps don't do anything, only when I really sink down low in a dip or going into a high driveway.

I really wanted to go wider in the rear but didn't want to buy all new wheels. The car looks much more aggressive from the back now and the tire doesn't look too fat around the rim. The nice thing is there are no speedo issues either.

Dave
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll do the same only maybe put 265's and see how it looks/fits.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Does anyone know what the offset is on the Vette's front rims? Or if they would work?I think they are 17's or 18's by 8.5 wide

1 - 12 of 12 Posts