LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had another test fitting last night with ROH. Here's what we found out:

The backspacing we where using on the back wouldn't fit properly with any off the 1 piece wheels they have (ie: Drift R wheels). We had a very slight rub happening when the car was under moderate to hard acceleration. The wieght transfer on the GTO is phenomenol! When the back of the car squats down the outside of the tire was rubbing very slightly.

To correct this we had to incease the back spacing and ROH carries nothing in the required back spacing in a 1 piece wheel. What they do have in a 1 piece wheel would fit if you rolled the fender lip.

I can still get 3 piece ROH or Simmons wheels as well as Intro wheels. Intros are two piece wheels and I can get the correct backspacing.

If anyone is still interested in a set of wheels let me know. With the deals I have set up with both ROH/ Simmons and Intro it'll be cheaper for you to buy through Arrowhead Peformance than buying direct.

BTW, who ever ordered a set of Drift R wheels for thier black GTO last night you'll be getting a call today and a refund. The other salesman hung up the phone with you literally as we finished our second fit testing last night!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Howie said:
BTW, who ever ordered a set of Drift R wheels for thier black GTO last night you'll be getting a call today and a refund. The other salesman hung up the phone with you literally as we finished our second fit testing last night!!
That was me, and I did get to talk to them before the order went through. I was wondering if the 265/35 wr18 tires would work with those rims?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Howie,

Can you send me pics of the available wheels or post a link so that we can see what there is to choose from?

Also, what tire brand/models do you carry?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
176 Posts
So does this mean that 9" wide rims on the back rub? How about 8.5" size? What size tires would u go with if u put 8" up front and 8.5" in the rear to maintain the same height?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I still want to know if a 275/40 17 will fit the stock wheel or what is the widest tire that will fit the stock wheel and the car??

·
dum dum dum dum dudum
6,217 Posts
Bump for answers :wall:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts