LS1GTO.com Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Not really. Charlottesville and Bundy were listed as examples. Everyone decided to fixate on the hyperbole of McVeigh.

This was the challenge:
That said, can you name ONE protest, gathering, or uprising organized/sanctioned by a right leaning organization that has resulted in cars being burned, shoe and liquor stores being looted/torched, or people jumping up and down on police cars in the last 15 years?

I figured the fact that OKC hit the 25 year mark last April would have been a clue.
Charlottesville: Neo Nazis, hardly “right leaning. “

Bundy: Sovereign Citizen, again, hardly “right leaning.”

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I don't recall saying Waco and Ruby Ridge were protests. What I said was that OKC was McVeigh's protest of Waco and Ruby Ridge.

But I don't think McVeigh looted a liquor store after dropping the truck off, so it was a peaceful protest by LongRifles's standard.

Is this supposed to eviscerate some kind of emotional response? I've laid out facts based on remarks you made as an attempt to compare isolated incidents involving a small number of people to a mob.

So, lets use the "super bowl" of this topic: Rodney King. I was very close to this one as I was a Marine at Camp Pendleton at the time. Mr. King got "tuned up" by the police and it was clearly a bad, bad move on the part of the LAPD. They fucked that up 6 ways from Sunday. Citizens of Los Angeles responded accordingly.

Now, again my question:

If you are protesting police brutality, the legal system, and the lack of fair/balanced enforcement of the law, just why were there droves of people setting fires to businesses, looting liquor stores, and dragging people out of semi trucks stopped at a light to pulverize them to within an inch of their life?

That makes zero sense unless you call it exactly what it was:

An opportunistic culture, hypersensitive to anything that can be deployed as an excuse to loot and pillage the very village they live in. Rodney Kings injustice was completely overshadowed by that behavior. The only thing it ended up doing was bringing more of what they were allegedly pissed off about: The Police.

The only point I've attempted to make here is that if a group of people have an axe to grind, sacking the very city they live in as a form of protest is a very poor means of conveying their message. The ONLY thing that does is make them look like a bunch of opportunistic thugs.

·
Jimmy Rustler
9,774 Posts
Wow. Just... Wow.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,143 Posts
Charlottesville: Neo Nazis, hardly “right leaning. “

Bundy: Sovereign Citizen, again, hardly “right leaning.”

Is this supposed to eviscerate some kind of emotional response? I've laid out facts based on remarks you made as an attempt to compare isolated incidents involving a small number of people to a mob.

So, lets use the "super bowl" of this topic: Rodney King. I was very close to this one as I was a Marine at Camp Pendleton at the time. Mr. King got "tuned up" by the police and it was clearly a bad, bad move on the part of the LAPD. They fucked that up 6 ways from Sunday. Citizens of Los Angeles responded accordingly.

Now, again my question:

If you are protesting police brutality, the legal system, and the lack of fair/balanced enforcement of the law, just why were there droves of people setting fires to businesses, looting liquor stores, and dragging people out of semi trucks stopped at a light to pulverize them to within an inch of their life?

That makes zero sense unless you call it exactly what it was:

An opportunistic culture, hypersensitive to anything that can be deployed as an excuse to loot and pillage the very village they live in. Rodney Kings injustice was completely overshadowed by that behavior. The only thing it ended up doing was bringing more of what they were allegedly pissed off about: The Police.

The only point I've attempted to make here is that if a group of people have an axe to grind, sacking the very city they live in as a form of protest is a very poor means of conveying their message. The ONLY thing that does is make them look like a bunch of opportunistic thugs.
So, the right gets a pass for insane behavior because "extremists," but the left gets painted with a broad brush.

·
Dick Ross
7,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Ok, I think you're missing what is being stated. The folks that cause destruction and riots (on both sides) ect. are all "extremists". I've seen several leftists protests that don't end badly. BUT, you cannot deny that the left has a far greater amount of extremists in their midst than the right. Therefore, the left is more prone to have riots/destruction/violence at their protests considering they have a larger amount of extremists in their group.

That's one of the big problems with the modern left. A lot of people don't "lean left" they are HARD left. Why? idk, I'm not a social psychologist.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
So, the right gets a pass for insane behavior because "extremists," but the left gets painted with a broad brush.
Hardly, and I’ve already answered this.

Love is a Battlefield said:
If we look at protests and rallies for or against causes championed by the two mainstream political parties there is a clear difference in decorum and damage.
Here’s some examples of right and left leaning causes that have had protest and rallies, all of them had support from one of our two mainstream parties.

Occupy Wall Street
Tea Party
Black Lives Matter
2nd Amendment Rights

Which ones were more peaceful?

·
12,143 Posts
Ok, I think you're missing what is being stated. The folks that cause destruction and riots (on both sides) ect. are all "extremists". I've seen several leftists protests that don't end badly. BUT, you cannot deny that the left has a far greater amount of extremists in their midst than the right. Therefore, the left is more prone to have riots/destruction/violence at their protests considering they have a larger amount of extremists in their group.

That's one of the big problems with the modern left. A lot of people don't "lean left" they are HARD left. Why? idk, I'm not a social psychologist.
Do you have something to back up your claim that more extremists reside on the left than the right?

·
Dick Ross
7,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
The fact that more of their protests end in violence or damage is a good start. ANTIFA, BLM, literal calls for violence from politicians, assaults because of a hat, trying to dox a child because a native American got in his face... those come to mind. I'm sure ai could think of some more

·
Administrator
18,785 Posts
Or, to put it another way, "left-leaners" loot and riot. "Right-leaners" get shit done?

I mean, I don't get the fucking point here, and I really don't get the straw-man characterization. But, there's a whole bunch of so-called conservatism that I don't fucking get anymore. So, yeah.

·
12,143 Posts
The fact that more of their protests end in violence or damage is a good start. ANTIFA, BLM, literal calls for violence from politicians, assaults because of a hat, trying to dox a child because a native American got in his face... those come to mind. I'm sure ai could think of some more
Given the tendencies of Trumpelstiltskin, I am not sure that you should use claims from politicians as an example. But again, where are the numbers to back up your claims? Not some examples you just rattled off the top of your head, but actual numbers.

Of course extremists are going to do extreme shit. You don't get to claim your side doesn't do anything wrong and then dismiss the actions of the extremists on your side. Otherwise, the left can do the same thing dismissing the antics of Antifa and BLM members. They're just extremists. They don't count.

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,276 Posts
Given the tendencies of Trumpelstiltskin, I am not sure that you should use claims from politicians as an example. But again, where are the numbers to back up your claims? Not some examples you just rattled off the top of your head, but actual numbers.

Of course extremists are going to do extreme shit. You don't get to claim your side doesn't do anything wrong and then dismiss the actions of the extremists on your side. Otherwise, the left can do the same thing dismissing the antics of Antifa and BLM members. They're just extremists. They don't count.
On its face, claiming that left wing protests don't cause more unrest than right wing protests (of which there are few) is a bit laughable. I might agree that Antifa represents an extreme end of it, but they are sure as heck a lot more of them than whatever you want to identify as their right leaning counterparts. BLM is sure as fuck not 'extremist' by any definition

·
12,143 Posts
On its face, claiming that left wing protests don't cause more unrest than right wing protests (of which there are few) is a bit laughable. I might agree that Antifa represents an extreme end of it, but they are sure as heck a lot more of them than whatever you want to identify as their right leaning counterparts. BLM is sure as fuck not 'extremist' by any definition
I'm not giving the left a pass by any stretch. What I find laughable is the claim that any right-wing protest goes off without a hitch, and when it is refuted with examples, they get dismissed with, "Oh, those guys don't count." You don't get to claim the moral high ground by pointing out the antics of the other side's extremists while dismissing your own side's extremists.

·
Born in a class 5 hurricane
11,429 Posts
My non-scientific observations. Call them impressions.

Left-wing extremists seem to go to violence spontaneously. Right-wing extremists tend to react with violence when provoked by authorities (obviously discounting Oklahoma City).

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,677 Posts
OK so was OKC right wing or was it Soverign citizen which I personally don't consider right wing. but I can see a grey shadow there.

TO the other end. When BLM started up no dems extreme or otherwise rushed to condem it and some embraced it. While BLM was beating people in the streets. Maybe I mis-remember it but I sure remember people clamoring how righteous they were at the time.

Occupiers - similar shit. Embraced by one side - not condemned till the end - that I remember. while some of the occupiers fought with police and citizens trying to go about there day.

I can't think of a thing I would call a right wing protest but I guess because they must not happen around me. I do remember some bikers coming to prevent some westboro chuch shit. and some former soldiers that showed up at a boy scout flag burning to prevent some outsiders for interfereing. in neither case was anyone sent to a hospital nor shot fired. uhm, what's this second amendment protest y'all are talking about. I don't remember one.

myopic perhaps I do live in MS so there are somthing I might not notice or see. And despite popular belief in parts of the US no it's not the 1950's here. SO color me some curious on this.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts