LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I would like to know how long should I wait to wax my freshly-painted front bumper ... a month or two??

Thanks,
Gianni

·
Registered
924 Posts
Gianni D said:
Hi guys,

I would like to know how long should I wait to wax my freshly-painted front bumper ... a month or two??

Thanks,
Gianni
Depending on the type of equipment the body shop has to paint at their collision center, most body shops and dealerships have a PPG paint system where the paint is "baked" onto the product by putting it into a heat room and it adheres to the car. If that was done, you'll be fine, just no hard scrubbing when removing the paint (or no clay-barring for that matter). If they used the conventional dry-method, yeah, 30 days is the wait time.

·
GTO doctor
892 Posts
Two weeks is usually sufficient.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
you can still use 3M machine finishing glaze in the mean time. I've heard it could take 30-60 days for paint to cure and wax can be applied.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
I can't imagine a paint job that isn't baked, nobody uses acrylic paints ( I don't think so) all the companys have similar proces, 2 pack paint, cleared, baked etc. curing time is still needed baked or not. PPG for one I know is baked.

http://www.ppg.com/car_autocoat/enthusiast.htm

This link will emphisise my point, or reiterate it......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts