...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright someone had to ask. :)

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
[QUOTE='91 Formula]Alright someone had to ask. :)[/QUOTE]

Let's see...The GTO will be out in what, probably January in good quantity, so maybe February / March of next year? How long did it take for the 04 GTO version to come out? Probably not as long since it's a current engine, not a new one.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Hehe considering it's now a 1 meg file as opposed to the old 512 I'd say LS2 PCM tuning development may take awhile (maybe even a year or more).

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
GTPprix said:
Hehe considering it's now a 1 meg file as opposed to the old 512 I'd say LS2 PCM tuning development may take awhile (maybe even a year or more).
I doubt it many aftermarket parts companies get info on the cars before they even come out to the public. With the 05 Corvette already up and coming i see the LS2 Predator following the GTO close behind 3-6 months. Its really all up to DiabloSport who will tell us when its ready to buy. Gotta test and tune and make sure its right before pumping out a set tune.
The 05 Mustang has a big problem with its 05 Throttle-by-wire setup. All of the aftermarket companies are scratching their head because no one has figured out the coding of the system. Until its broken they can't make a tuning device.
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=487379

·
Registered
127 Posts
Razinhell said:
I doubt it many aftermarket parts companies get info on the cars before they even come out to the public. With the 05 Corvette already up and coming i see the LS2 Predator following the GTO close behind 3-6 months. Its really all up to DiabloSport who will tell us when its ready to buy. Gotta test and tune and make sure its right before pumping out a set tune.
The 05 Mustang has a big problem with its 05 Throttle-by-wire setup. All of the aftermarket companies are scratching their head because no one has figured out the coding of the system. Until its broken they can't make a tuning device.
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=487379
Except Mustangs are already in the hands of Steeda, Rousch(sp?), and Saleen and I believe ford gave them all the codes needed.

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
I wouldn't expect to see the Predator available for at least 6-8 months after cars hit the dealer's lots. The '04 Predator was just relased a few months ago. That was for a motor that had been around for awhile. The new one will probably take longer.

Tom

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
gto05 said:
Except Mustangs are already in the hands of Steeda, Rousch(sp?), and Saleen and I believe ford gave them all the codes needed.
Carol Shelby too!!!!!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
gto05 said:
That's because that's the only way Ford can sell them :gr_jest:

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Yes, aftermarket companies do get information vehicles prior to release, however PCM calibrations are not included in that information. In fact calibrations are NEVER actually released to ANYONE.. they "leak" out (IE someone pays off a calibrations engineer or an engineer moonlights over at hypertech for example) The new 1Meg files are quite a pain in the ass to deal with so I suspect tuning will take quite a awhile to be developed since it uses relatively new hardware, a new seed/key and new calibrations layouts, not common to other platforms.

·
Dismembered
4,338 Posts
Magnus, Any update on availability of the HP Tuner suite for the 05 GTO?

Anyone have any insight into the Predator for our 05's? Thanks in advance....

Cheers,
Mark

·
Dismembered
4,338 Posts
MadGoat said:
My 05 A4 will be at Diablo next week to start tuning. It dynod 345 w/ 1200 miles on it today. Completely stock.
So, are you implying that they will have a Predator available for our 05's soon?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts