LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(sorry *shift* knob)
I took it off cause it was rattleing, coated the shaft with silicone to silence it up and when I went to reinstall it it wouldnt go down all the way. I took a little of the silicone off but it still wouldnt clamp no matter how hard I pushed so I got a rubber hammer and placed a towel over it and whacked it. The silver top portion broke like an egg shell, piece of crap is so cheaply made!
so where can I get a replacement?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Hi Musashi GTO.

We can supply you with genuine shift knobs.

If you email Geoff, he will look after you.
geoff @ jhp . com . au

Regards,
Mathew.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate! I'll drop him a line and see how soon and how much it will be.
I kinda need it in a rush.

·
Don't drink the Kool-Aid...
2,889 Posts
Musashi_GTO said:
(sorry *shift* knob)
I took it off cause it was rattleing, coated the shaft with silicone to silence it up and when I went to reinstall it it wouldnt go down all the way. I took a little of the silicone off but it still wouldnt clamp no matter how hard I pushed so I got a rubber hammer and placed a towel over it and whacked it. The silver top portion broke like an egg shell, piece of crap is so cheaply made!
so where can I get a replacement?
If you clean ALL the old silicone off, paying special attention to the groove at the top, there's no reason why you should ever have to use a hammer to put one of these on. I've done it twice now and each time it just slid on.

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
It *shattered*, that sucks :(. You must of whacked it pretty damn hard.

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts