LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like T-shirts and the such?

I didn't see anything on Holden's website. And then of course do we have to convert U.S. dollars to Australian funds?
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, I'll check them out later. I Can't do much here from work. They frown upon internet usage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
The lions den is an easy site to use. I ordered team shirts, hat, keychain and stickers, the HSV models look pretty cool as well.

I have not seen the charge on my mastercard yet. I will keep all posted on time frames and service from them!
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hada64 said:
Like spending half the day on this forum isn't internet usage. Guilty!
Whacta talkin 'bout Willis! :D

Thanks Velodrome.
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Argg, they don't have anything other than a hat that I want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Hey gang,

What a GTO day!!

I received my 2004 GTO owners manual today and the things I ordered from the Lions Den in Australia! The Holden keychain is heavy duty and the HSV/Brock racing polo shirt is first class!! Postage was $12. I hope this is the start of GTO week!

If you want GTO stuff, the lions den racing shirts were delivered real quick!!

Now, wheres my car?
 

·
Yes, it has a car seat
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Ok, so what do they recommend for breakin and does it come with dino or synth oil?

VelodromeRacer said:
Hey gang,

What a GTO day!!

I received my 2004 GTO owners manual today and the things I ordered from the Lions Den in Australia! The Holden keychain is heavy duty and the HSV/Brock racing polo shirt is first class!! Postage was $12. I hope this is the start of GTO week!

If you want GTO stuff, the lions den racing shirts were delivered real quick!!

Now, wheres my car?
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Break it in just like any other LS1...with dino oil for the first 5-6k miles, then switch over to synthetic if you wish. This isn't GTO specific, but something that we've found common with the LS1 engine. They don't fully break in until the 5-6k mark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
First, I am a Montoya guy, so I have issues with Shuie :),

second, I am surprised you two don't understand the simple break in proceedure!

Install new key to Barbados Blue GTO,

Insert said key with attached keychain,

place M6 in 1st, stomp gas, ease off brake, watch sideways motion from rear of car!

Keychain is now broke in.
 

·
Yes, it has a car seat
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
I think you 2 missed my point. I understand what the breakin on my car will be, I am curious what Pontiac / Holden recommend. Same as the oil issue - although I'm fairly certain I won't switch to synth for a while - I'm not concerned about the performance gain enough to double my oil filter changes...
 

·
13 year owner
Joined
·
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rschumacherfan1 said:
I think you 2 missed my point. I understand what the breakin on my car will be, I am curious what Pontiac / Holden recommend. Same as the oil issue - although I'm fairly certain I won't switch to synth for a while - I'm not concerned about the performance gain enough to double my oil filter changes...
That was my point though. Who cares what Holden "tells" you. We've been breaking hundreds of thousands of the same LS1's they're using, here in the states since 1997. For all it's worth, they'll tell you exactly what GM states in every owners manual of every vehicle they sell. It's a standard section.

Common concensus is 5,000 miles on dino oil, then go synthetic. Holden could tell you to put Wesson oil in there for all I care!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
May be a dumb question, but that has not stopped me from asking before. Why switch to synthetic? Consumer Reports did a study that indicated no significant difference in engine wear when using synth vs. dino, any brand.
 

·
Yes, it has a car seat
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
topdownloGTO said:
May be a dumb question, but that has not stopped me from asking before. Why switch to synthetic? Consumer Reports did a study that indicated no significant difference in engine wear when using synth vs. dino, any brand.
Performance gain.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top