LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried to access the site again and now I got some type of site builder page.

Anyone have any idea what is going on down at RWTD???

·
GTO-3 SVT-0
283 Posts
don't know but sure would like to know since i just paid for 6 monts of service...

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SVT THIS said:
don't know but sure would like to know since i just paid for 6 monts of service...
Know the feeling well - I just paid for a full year about 3 weeks ago - ouch.

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the following reply from [email protected] Inc over at LS1Tech

"diablosporttuning is undergoing some data recovery ...

rwtd.com and runninwiththedevil.com are being switched to their new website and has nothing to do with their tuning board. James just sent out an order of ours last night and have been talking to him regularly this past week."

Looks like James & the crew are around - just up to their back sides in alligators trying to get their site back up on line & recovering data. This can't be fun!

·
TprGTO's Avatar was better...
834 Posts
rushhour said:
Just tried to access the site again and now I got some type of site builder page.

Anyone have any idea what is going on down at RWTD???
Somebody saved $200-$300 per year. That's what commercial web hosting costs for a basic site like the RWTD website. They're experiencing the "pound foolish" part of "penny wise--pound foolish."

The commercial sites keep everything backed up (by design) and can recover in an hour, sometimes in minutes.... Extra cost to customer: $0.00.

We are an IT consulting firm and we recommend 4 companies for hosting. My partners and I manage over 100 sites/domains. We have never had a site down for more than an hour or so.

I hate to see people in this kind of data-recovery mess....

Wayne

·
Pop
617 Posts
RWTD is a joke! Stay far far away.:judge:

·
Registered
40 Posts
He starts out full of promises and then he moves into
the "no reply" mode, this mode lasts for weeks. The next
treatment from him will be the "polite excuse" mode and
then into the outright "no where to be heard from" mode,
that mode lasts for months. Check out past posts about
him from other customers. He is no more than a "snake
oil" salesman with no customer service to speak of. He
sometime states he will, "make it right", but I haven't heard of
that actually happening.

·
Registered
506 Posts
JON C said:
He starts out full of promises and then he moves into
the "no reply" mode, this mode lasts for weeks. The next
treatment from him will be the "polite excuse" mode and
then into the outright "no where to be heard from" mode,
that mode lasts for months. Check out past posts about
him from other customers. He is no more than a "snake
oil" salesman with no customer service to speak of. He
sometime states he will, "make it right", but I haven't heard of
that actually happening.

thats great wish he would respond to it it might be funny:bomb:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Someday,you guys will learn to stay away from this"devil".There are years of threads about his excuses.

·
Registered
326 Posts
If anyone paid for tuning service by credit card, I recommend filing a dispute with your card company. I have always been reinbursed when I had problems. Don't just let this place take your money and run.:bs:

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Amazing - the site is still down. This has to be killing them financially.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
I was going to go the way of using RWTD when they first started offering these mail order tunes, but got distracted when I found out people were having trouble getting the tunes on time. This was back in 04, and I see things have gotten worse. I feel sorry for everyone that got reeled into their web of problems.

ROK

·
WUT?!?!?!?!?!
6,524 Posts
rushhour said:
Amazing - the site is still down. This has to be killing them financially.
It seems they're killing themselves...:bomb:

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Not too sure why DNS is still screwed - Click for James' new site (i dont think all the products are listed or up to date tho)

diablosporttuning.com has updates of the status of that site, last update from yesterday. The only reason that is taking so long is that they are trying to have the hard drive recovered. I know that they ran on the same server as modularfords and that they were paying for backup services only to find that the hosting company was not doing it.

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DevilYellow said:
Not too sure why DNS is still screwed - Click for James' new site (i dont think all the products are listed or up to date tho)

diablosporttuning.com has updates of the status of that site, last update from yesterday. The only reason that is taking so long is that they are trying to have the hard drive recovered. I know that they ran on the same server as modularfords and that they were paying for backup services only to find that the hosting company was not doing it.
Thanks for the update.

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ROKS ROCKET said:
I was going to go the way of using RWTD when they first started offering these mail order tunes, but got distracted when I found out people were having trouble getting the tunes on time. This was back in 04, and I see things have gotten worse. I feel sorry for everyone that got reeled into their web of problems.

ROK

I guess my experience has been different then most. I have had good luck with them over the last 2 years. They re-did the tune 3 times to get it right. That is why I paid the subscription for another year.

I agree they can be a little slow - but given we are talking about tunes - I can understand that. I assume they have a lot of tunes that need to be redone at any given time. Not making excuses for them - but like I said they have treated me alright.

Just my experience - hopefully it will continue the way it has for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts