LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am in need of some rear sway bar link bolts. The previous owner of the car put a standard off the shelf bolt in one side and it’s not the right size. Now I just want to put new ones in. Plus there’s other little odds and ends I would like to replace while I have everything out of the car.
Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
for OEM style hardware i suggest wretched motorsports.

also suggest Kollar racing products. one of the best of a handful of good suppliers.

·
Freedom Fighter
737 Posts
Hey guys,
I am in need of some rear sway bar link bolts. The previous owner of the car put a standard off the shelf bolt in one side and it’s not the right size. Now I just want to put new ones in. Plus there’s other little odds and ends I would like to replace while I have everything out of the car.
Thanks
I usually get from Advance or Amazon. I shop around and it takes more time. If you want fast and dont want to spend time looking, the sponsors (kollar, wretched, gtog8ta, etc) can help. You pay a little more for their convenience and support.

·
Registered
574 Posts
McMaster Carr (mcmaster.com). You can order just about any fastener in all sorts of grades, both metric and standard. They won't be factory spec TTY bolts, but you can torque them as needed to achieve the same clamping force.

Also, you should generally avoid stainless steel fasteners unless the corrosion resistance is the first concern. Stainless steel is usually more brittle than standard steel and will break or crack in ways that a normal bolt won't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts