LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cyclone Chris said:
what kind of dyno was it? I got 375/374 with the same mods u have except fot the corsa at the time. I had mine done on a dynojet.

Click here to watch Formato-Tuning-Day
It was a dynojet also, not sure how capable the tuner was because at the begining I told him to delete the 420 and 430 codes and all he did was clear them. So they came back later that day.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wretched 6.0 said:
Your graph is a bit hard to read, but it looks a little rich.

And all you've done is a CAI and a complete exhaust correct?
This is correct. On that initial pull I had the shop install the plugs and wires and there was a problem with one of them. After that was corrected we got the 363 pull and that's where they quit. What file do you guys need to see what was actually changed?

·
Hazard to Society
5,284 Posts
BlueOnBlue05 said:
I'm tryin to talk Lace into letting me get the Procharger.
Big $$$ right there... I'm gonna stop modding once get to 400 rwhp. I doubt the stock clutch can handle any more than that, and I don't want to spend $1200 on a new clutch right now.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, it's been pretty hard to convince her that's it's going to be "good" for the car.

Anyway, is there a certain file they save on the computer after a tune that will show the changes he made?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cyclone Chris said:
If you have the file post it, and I can take a look to see what he changed for ya.
They never gave me anything except the printout of the graph. When I call what should I ask for?

·
Hazard to Society
5,284 Posts
BlueOnBlue05 said:
They never gave me anything except the printout of the graph. When I call what should I ask for?
Ask them for the hpt file. It's .99mb for an M6 and 1.4mb for an auto.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wretched 6.0 said:
Look at Chris's graph, the A/F never goes below 12 ussually over 13.

Yours goes to about 10, that's to rich
On the final tune (aqua color) peak hp, the A/F was 12.8 and then at 6200 rpm it looks like 12.4 or so.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chris,
I will call tomorrow and try to have that file sent then post it up. I'm thinking he didn't know to change the parameters for the "TM or Traction Control".

·
Hazard to Society
5,284 Posts
Here is a better pic of the dynograph

First run was w/o tune
Second run was with a tune
Last run was with the ported stock intake manifold

·
Not Vengeance..Punishment
1,401 Posts
BlueOnBlue05 said:
Insert dyno results here
With basically the same mods, the following are my results after my 1st dyno tune:

Then after spending time with Jeremy Formato, I had the results displayed below. Note how low the basline pull was. Nothing had been done to the car between this pull and the last listed in the first dyno results. The final dyno results are after intake porting and tune. I should note that Master Tuner Formato got these results with the car hot, after 3 back-to-back dyno pulls.

-K

1 - 20 of 31 Posts