LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a new thread in regards to my h-pipe assemblies and now its gone! Did I make someone angry or something?

Please advise.......

StolenFox

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Wretched 6.0 said:
My guess is that you were taking pre orders for a product, and you're not a vendor of the site.
Exactly....

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wretched 6.0 said:
My guess is that you were taking pre orders for a product, and you're not a vendor of the site.
Well Im just a GTO owner, not a company with an advertising budget. I guess I had hoped that I could generate enough interest that I could actually afford to advertise on the site.

I was by no means trying to break any rules or anger any moderators.

I dont even know how to be a sponsor.

Got crushed before I even had a chance to see that anyone would buy them.

StolenFox

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
StolenFox said:
Well Im just a GTO owner, not a company with an advertising budget. I guess I had hoped that I could generate enough interest that I could actually afford to advertise on the site.

I was by no means trying to break any rules or anger any moderators.

I dont even know how to be a sponsor.

Got crushed before I even had a chance to see that anyone would buy them.

StolenFox
Understandable, but this is how it works when your in someone elses house.

Use the contact form at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Make sure to read the rules. Look at the top of the page and search around....you'll find them.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HRJ said:
Make sure to read the rules. Look at the top of the page and search around....you'll find them.

I just finished reading them.

Please accept my appology for breaking the forum rules. It was not my intent nor desire to "Spam" anyone. After my original thread about the possiblity of building H-pipes for us recieved such positive feedback it never occured to me that it might be considered "Spam" I got so excited about providing something for other car guys that I built with my own hands, that I went ahead without realizing it may be thought of negatively.

Again, my appologies to the moderators and members of this board.

StolenFox

·
Slow Guy, Fast Car
1,067 Posts
Damn, I hope you work it out because I would love to be able to tell everybody about how happy I am with the H-pipe. Just get back with me when this gets cleared up.

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
StolenFox said:
I just finished reading them.

Please accept my appology for breaking the forum rules. It was not my intent nor desire to "Spam" anyone. After my original thread about the possiblity of building H-pipes for us recieved such positive feedback it never occured to me that it might be considered "Spam" I got so excited about providing something for other car guys that I built with my own hands, that I went ahead without realizing it may be thought of negatively.

Again, my appologies to the moderators and members of this board.

StolenFox
Well, contact the Administrator (DevilYellow) and he may allow you to do it anyway. But, like it says in the rules, gotta get his permission first.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HRJ said:
Well, contact the Administrator (DevilYellow) and he may allow you to do it anyway. But, like it says in the rules, gotta get his permission first.

I have contacted him and I hope that he understands my intent. You are right though, I should have made sure I was covered before I created a mess.

StolenFox

·
Registered
132 Posts
wow, i've been on other car forums where people have sold their own TB kits, downpipes, and cai kits...kinda over the top..but whatever

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
6.OWNED said:
wow, i've been on other car forums where people have sold their own TB kits, downpipes, and cai kits...kinda over the top..but whatever
+1 :drink:

·
GTO...Austalian for Pontiac!
1,527 Posts
Then someone needs to collect sponsor fees from our subwoofer builder...or our hubcentric ring builder...or...

...you get the idea.

Come on, Mods!

·
Buy a Hybrid. I Need Your Gas
3,883 Posts
Yeah, that's not fair - at least send him a PM or close the thread temporarily to give him the opportunity to become a sponsor before deleting his threads. He didn't even make the products yet and he gets shut down, while there have been guys here guys selling hats, speakers, muffler delete pipes, etc. for months with no sponsorship.

Nothin against the other guys obviously, just commenting on fairness.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
MTBDOC said:
Then someone needs to collect sponsor fees from our subwoofer builder...or our hubcentric ring builder...or...

...you get the idea.

Come on, Mods!
its all in who can suck the hardest

·
IKSWHTASOL
2,223 Posts
Guess I will have to come down on the side of a forum member who was making an attempt to help out other forum members without trying to get rich in the process.

I understand the rules...and, cannot argue with the need for them. However, IMHO, this particular incident doesn't strike me as a blatent violation of those rules. I hate spam as much as the next guy; but come on fellas....

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
HotRodKush said:
He didn't even make the products yet and he gets shut down, while there have been guys here guys selling hats, speakers, muffler delete pipes, etc. for months with no sponsorship.
Again, if you look at the rules, people can do this stuff if they have DYs permission.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.