LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an 05/06 bumper to put on my 04 car. What' a good place to pick one up? Or, should I just cut my 04 bumper and make new tail pipes? It has a Flowmaster cat-back on it now. Either way, the rear bumper needs painted. I have a big scrape where someone hit and ran it. If I buy an 05/06 bumper, it won't match the pulse red of my car (04 only special edition color).

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm looking for an 05/06 bumper to put on my 04 car. What' a good place to pick one up? Or, should I just cut my 04 bumper and make new tail pipes? It has a Flowmaster cat-back on it now. Either way, the rear bumper needs painted. I have a big scrape where someone hit and ran it. If I buy an 05/06 bumper, it won't match the pulse red of my car (04 only special edition color).
You will be miles ahead just replacing the cover, many things that sound simple are anything but, a second cut out is one of them. If you want to go full on custom it can be done, if you are ok with a hack job that can also be done. If you have to farm out the first it will be expensive, if you have the ability to DIY the sky's the limit. Just cutting the bumper won't work for long, without the molded in enforcement the air flow will tear the materal not to mention looking like hell and either way you go you are looking at a repaint. I've dealt with a man in Alabama who buys insurane out wrecks to part, Search Lastofthebreed, I believe you can find him on facebook. He's a good guy and very reasonable on pricing. The real bad (read: expensive) is finding one close enough to make pick up feasible, if it has to ship the freight is insane.

·
Worthless reject member
37,473 Posts
There are 05/06 body parts all over ebay. Cleveland pick a part, hawks motorsports, and a few other salvage places might have them.

There is the guy that is hording GTO parts out in the southwest, josh's car corner did a video in him. You might want to contact Josh from that youtube channel to see if you can get a decent part.

If you want to try cutting the bumper, use the inserts. It's still a cheap solution, but it's better than having a jagged cutout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts