LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where was your Trans built at?

I was reading my Helms manual pages 7-253 - 7-256 and it says where transmissions are built.

Y=Toledo, OH
R=Romulus, MI
4=Ramos Arizpe, Mexico

There is a serial number located on the Trans near the yoke and the pan.

It should read something like 2CAD187A 16588320

2CAD187A 16588320

Toledo or Romulus Build

2 = 2002
CA = model
D = Hydro-Matic 4L60-E
187 = Juilian Date or Day of the year
A = shift built, see shift build chart
16588320 = serial number

Ramon Arzipe, Mexico Build

2CHD4187A 16588320

2=2002
CH = Model
D = Hydro-Matic 4L60-E
4 = Plant of Manufacture, 4 is Ramos
187 = Julian Date or Day of the year
A = Shift Built, see shift build chart
16588320 = Transmission Serial Number

Page 7-256 expalins the plant and shift build chart.

My hands hurt so I wont type it out now.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Can't GM make anything in america anymore..... GM automatics always used to be made at the hydramatic plant in michigan.

But hey outsourcing american products benifits the american shareholder and puts thousands of lower middle and poor class people on the street. The rich get richer the poor get poorer.

The movie Roger and Me helps my point.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Not only do the tranny's not always come from the US - they buy the M6's from Tremec who also has their transmissions in the SVT Mustang and according to rumors will be in the new Challenger.
Dan

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
Not only do the tranny's not always come from the US - they buy the M6's from Tremec who also has their transmissions in the SVT Mustang and according to rumors will be in the new Challenger.
Dan
Its also the same tranny in the Viper...

FYI if anyone wants to see some gear ration calculatiosn I made when I had the Z06 with the t-56 here ya go. I believe the A4 specs I have on there are the same ones for the 4L60 used in the other GM cars as well. I dont think they regeared it for the GTO but I could be wrong.

I need to update it for the 3.46 rears we have, but for now its close enough to the 3.42s from the Vettes.

www.shagfinger.com/ratios.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts