LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
We don't have one if mammory serves me right.

Early LS1's did. It came out of the oil fill hole on the rear drivers side valvecover, routed around behind the intake, down along the passenger side of the intake, then into the lower front, right behind the TB.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I haven't actually looked on ours, but I know it isn't where I know it once was.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I saw was the hose that goes from the valley pan to the intake manifold under the throttle body. Just a hose.

From what I read on ls1tech.com and helms manuals we have a LS6 valley pan.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yes, cause we have an LS6 intake which also requires a different coolant bypass and two block off plugs in back.

Anyway, look at the sticker on the plastic shroud over the radiator. There should be an emissions hose routing diagram. The PCV line would be on there. I have not looked at it, but that's because I didn't see a PCV just from looking at it

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I don't see what you need it for honestly. We aren't NHRA pro-stock cars with 800+ hp at the rear wheels. I Know a few guys did it on LS1's to catch the oil in the PCV system but I honestly don't see a need for it in terms of HP gain. Some oil in your intake IS normal even though these are considered "dry" intakes.

However, I do not want to clip your wings if you wish to experiment either. After all, that is the nature of "hot rodding" is to "customize" and enhance things in some case by personal fabrication.

Instead of directing your efforts at a catch can however, I'd rather see someone come up with a definitive solution to the air intake high temps. That would be more fruitful and provide more power per dollar (or time) spent.

Just my $.02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts