LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I keep snapping axles, time for an upgrade. Should I go DSS or Gforce and who’s got the hook up

·
Worthless reject member
37,203 Posts
They are both excellent and hold up well. GForce1320 is easier to rebuild, i think, but you can still rebuild the DSS axles if you reuse the center stars or have DSS send you new ones. I think DSS has chromoly center stars, and a hardened cage, and GForce1320 used chromoly cages and a hardened center star. I am sure if you request it, either will use chromoly in place of hardened steel, as they are readily available in the aftermarket now. As far as looks, my DSS has chipped in some spots, but they still look decent. I have no info on the GForce1320 finish.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Whatever you end up choosing, get something that is anti-wheel hop. Buying through duckman is a wise choice on whatever route you go. Great customer service.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Probably have a hard time getting G-force. I had some on order for 3 months and when I canceled the order I was told there was at least another months wait... Multiple vendors aren't happy with G-Force

·
Registered
102 Posts
Probably have a hard time getting G-force. I had some on order for 3 months and when I canceled the order I was told there was at least another months wait... Multiple vendors aren't happy with G-Force
I don't have experience with ordering their axles, but i ordered their mini tub kit, and their solid bushing kit and they shipped right away. I am sure they are just backed up on those axles. The good thing is that DSS is also a quality product that will hopefully ship out faster 🎃

·
Is that FWD?
1,015 Posts
I have Gforce 1000HP Axle Shafts and 600HP Inner Axle Stubs

·
Registered
132 Posts
Got my DSS anti hop axles from Andy @ Koller Racing. Best price and in stock. Fast shipping. No wheel hop ever since. Very happy.

·
GR-RRR!
4,547 Posts
I'm surprised the stubs didn't break first. Unless they were high grade stubs combined with middle grade axles or something like that.

·
Registered
537 Posts
They were gforce. Ran them with stock stubs. They broke at different times. But doing the same thing. Going to get e85 and doing a pull in second.

·
GR-RRR!
4,547 Posts
So, why are people paying big money for aftermarket stubs? LOL! (I've been thinking of upgrading my stubs, rethinking this now.)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Once the weak axle issue is fixed I don’t want the potential of a broke stub getting in the diff. Just easier to swap a broke axle and be back on the road then dealing with a stub.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think it’s kore bad luck than power. Stock axles are fine and I beat the shit out of the car. Just like the diff, was great until I fixed the leak. Guess I got the lash wrong.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts