Not open for further replies.
36621 - 36640 of 53663 Posts

·
Slayed by Gagtoe
618,141 Posts

·
Slayed by Gagtoe
618,141 Posts
those cheap chrome plastic? how stupid. Like this buick that is here at work, they slap on these pep boys chrome plastic things on the hood and sides.

Does that thing at least serve a purpose? If it does, then time for making something to replace it.
I don't understand what's so horrible about those pieces. Like it makes the car go slower.
What JNR said is everyone's complaint. Why did they spend the money on that, when they could have else where.. Or just not.. They do nothing, they don't look good, and they are cheap and may easily fall out.

·
15,856 Posts
The only good thing is it looks like it's high enough to miss your shoulders.

·
15,856 Posts
(re: manual) I like to drive my cars and don't care how fast it supposedly shifts, I can shift awfully fast and I am always in the right gear; an auto cannot and does not anticipate what's coming up.

·
Slayed by Gagtoe
618,141 Posts
Tell me whats so great about a manual vs dual clutch auto?
A manual is more fun to drive, an auto is.. an auto.. Might as well go drive a go-kart.

If you're getting a car for fun, manual is the way to go. If you're getting a car to be the best, automatic yes.

·
You should have bought...
9,025 Posts
I just got five pairs of shoes for free.
Win!

:wub:

Just sell your Audi.
No. Now you sound like my ex. FML.

Car shopping is only interesting when you don't intend to buy one...
This.

I just don't know what I want instead of this SHO.
991 GT3 RS

Alfa Romeo 4c? Edition 1 - 69k.
Good call!

I dunno. Maybe I'll go back to the Germans. Maybe I'll come across something. There's no hurry for me.
Jawohl!

:drool:

Did you miss the first comment?

:lol:

Tell me whats so great about a manual vs dual clutch auto?
3rd pedal, but DCT is awesome on track.

·
Oxford White Sheep Squadron
11,339 Posts
(re: manual) I like to drive my cars and don't care how fast it supposedly shifts, I can shift awfully fast and I am always in the right gear; an auto cannot and does not anticipate what's coming up.
A manual is more fun to drive, an auto is.. an auto.. Might as well go drive a go-kart.

If you're getting a car for fun, manual is the way to go. If you're getting a car to be the best, automatic yes.

Yeah and thats why you put it in manual mode when you want to shift and dont have that added bs of stepping on a clutch

·
Slayed by Gagtoe
618,141 Posts
people want too much for a GXP - but the GT is reasonable and just as capable.

yes I know OMG not brembots. smurfem - my GT technically out brakes the GXP and if you want to do it right

you're putting about 800 into a camaro or CTS-V brembo swap for bigger bits and more pad than the GXP gets. serious GXP owners do the swap too.

but the LS3 - you know that power is a cam and a tune away oh and more. or you can keep DOD for your DD use and knock down 27-9 highway if you can stay at or under 75 with the cruise on.

or you can go ham - the strongest G8 known was a Gt and it has rear twins.

suspension - only difference is the sways and the struts valving
Yar, I think I want something with a factory warranty anyway. I don't for see too many mods coming while I got a baby.

·
Registered
21,503 Posts
(re: auto) I like to drive my cars and like how fast it supposedly shifts while my fingers rest on the paddle shifters, They can shift awfully fast and with the sport mode I am always in the right gear, even while sipping on my frappe while checking facebook
fixed.

·
Ihanin kaikista
18,932 Posts

·
Slayed by Gagtoe
618,141 Posts
Yeah and thats why you put it in manual mode when you want to shift and dont have that added bs of stepping on a clutch
The clutch, and throw is the entire enjoyment. If you don't enjoy that, you don't enjoy driving, you enjoy riding.

·
Ihanin kaikista
18,932 Posts

·
15,856 Posts
meh...give me a real manual and you can keep your video game shifters and have fun when you need to repair that thing.

·
Slayed by Gagtoe
618,141 Posts

·
15,856 Posts
Not sure if most people really know how to drive a manual and get the most out of it.

36621 - 36640 of 53663 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.