LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
338 Posts
Looks like you've got plenty of good info from the veterans already. I went with the non-adjustable Whiteline inner and outer control arms bushings myself and kept my stock toe rods. Should I end up bending a stocker, I'll go with the Spohns.

Edit: I should also mention that I am lowered on coilovers as well. The non-adjustable camber is just enough to not rub with my rear wheel/tire setup.

·
Registered
04 Quicksilver on red M6, 17s. Bone stock minus aluminum radiator/Silicone hoses
48 Posts
I wanted to delete the toe rods cause fuck it why not simplify things more. Just finished installing my quad eccentrics but now is the part of finding an alignment shop that knows their ass from their elbow. (I find the drift shops actually have the best know how on this stuff). I know once this car is set too I wont be needing to monkey with it until more power comes down the line. I also upgraded to konis and king springs as well, on an all stock rear end i would not suggest the quads.

·
Worthless reject member
53,865 Posts
so, got some parts in. seems like the parts i picked were actually a perfect fit.

only problem is the 5/8ths swedge rod isn't much thicker than the stock toe rod. it IS chromoly, though, so it's less likely to bend.

below are some pictures. first pic compares the stock toe rod (top) and one of the toe rods i had welded together a couple years ago (bottom) to the "parts bin" rod using parts i suggested in this thread (speedway bushed rod ends, allstar chromoly tubing and toe rod ends, and jam nuts) which is in the middle of the picture. the rest of the pics show the fitment of the tie rod end and bushed rod end.

Musical instrument Wood Tool Musical instrument accessory Automotive exterior

Tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Bumper

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Gas Snout Metal Pipe Fashion accessory

Gas Auto part Wood Metal Bicycle part

·
please stand by...
1,029 Posts
Okay, just for clarification.
Have GTO on coilovers shooting for 1" lowered

Option #1
double adjustable rear control bushings, delete toe rods, good luck finding a competent alignment shop

Option#2
double poly rear control bushings (hard durometer), delete toe rods, live with camber.

Option#3
soft and hard poly bushings, upgrade toe rods, live with camber.

Option#4
stock new bushings, upgrade toe rods, live with camber.

That about cover it?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Okay, just for clarification.
Have GTO on coilovers shooting for 1" lowered

Option #1
double adjustable rear control bushings, delete toe rods, good luck finding a competent alignment shop

Option#2
double poly rear control bushings (hard durometer), delete toe rods, live with camber.

Option#3
soft and hard poly bushings, upgrade toe rods, live with camber.

Option#4
stock new bushings, upgrade toe rods, live with camber.

That about cover it?
Get a camber kit. box the subframe. No reason to live with camber for such a small drop.

·
please stand by...
1,029 Posts
So you what your saying...time to move on... and be done with a SRA swap...lol

So, stock height.... stock bushings..upgraded toe rods...send it? forget about the poly nonsense....?
I have set of whitelines bushings, debating whether to install them.

Already have noltech poly in subframe and diff.

·
1 of 40,757
6,896 Posts
if all you're worried about is camber over a small drop, and want an easy solution, put and adjustable in the outer position, keep the stock inner and the toe rod.

@LS2-GTO has done this and I think has had good results.
Twice! First time I installed non eccentrics. Wore out a couple sets of tires in 10 mins (/s) then swapped in a set of eccentrics.
Tire wear has been good since.(y)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts