LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a set. bought them for over $300 to find out that i can't even use them. someone told me that there is someone that retrofits them. and actually gets them looking JUST the way they came from jhp.

·
Administrator
9,486 Posts
Where did you buy them, and why can't you use them? If it's because your 06 was manufactured after 2/06 and does not have the harness connector for the gauges to plug into, JHP can supply it. I'm not sure about the install procedure though, best to contact JHP directly and ask them.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only gauges they make are the ones for the monaro. ride side drive. which faces towards the right AND is smaller and has different attachments on the pod. the only way to fit one is to get the stock peice that is in the car. and cut a hole out and fit the australian peice into it.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i already paid $350 bucks for these things. no way am i gonna pay another $400 for new ones lol thats why i'm trying to get someone who does the retrofitting

·
Don't drink the Kool-Aid...
2,889 Posts
jamesbiz said:
The only gauges they make are the ones for the monaro. ride side drive. which faces towards the right AND is smaller and has different attachments on the pod. the only way to fit one is to get the stock peice that is in the car. and cut a hole out and fit the australian peice into it.
uhmm... what, am I invisible here? lol... the guy in the ebay link I posted above does it... or at least he used to!

btw... hate to tell ya this, buy you seriously overpaid. I bought a brand new RHD binnacle gauge pod of ebay.au for $180.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didn't over pay. it's the normal price for these gauges. they are stock looking and have the right shading and gauges and fonts and colors. etc

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Havoc said:
uhmm... what, am I invisible here? lol... the guy in the ebay link I posted above does it... or at least he used to!

btw... hate to tell ya this, buy you seriously overpaid. I bought a brand new RHD binnacle gauge pod of ebay.au for $180.
thank you tho. i emailed the guy and hope to get a response. now i'm just hoping to hear if anyone has any experience with the guy seeing how you say he's not active anymore and i want to know why. lets see what he says

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah well i got a response. the guy thinks i would pay $230. and i don't think that counts shipping. he sells them done for $420 . so unless he buying these things for 180 bucks a peice from australia. he's trying to rip me off

·
Unregistered User (dont tell)
640 Posts
Contact JHP. I believe they can supply you the LHD guage pod only so all you would have to do is pop out the guages then pop them back in.

·
Don't drink the Kool-Aid...
2,889 Posts
jamesbiz said:
yeah well i got a response. the guy thinks i would pay $230. and i don't think that counts shipping. he sells them done for $420 . so unless he buying these things for 180 bucks a peice from australia. he's trying to rip me off
Is that $230 outright or do you have to send him your RHD pod? Either way, that seems steep! :sneaky:
I suggested contacting him thinking that if your pod is new he might accept it as a core and exchange it for one of his finished conversions + a few $$$... that's if he's still "converting" them and not simply buying them from JHP's supplier these days...???

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$230 for me to send him my gauge pods and have him convert them and then send it back to me. i mean. for all i know he could just be sending me an already done one and using mine as a core. i can't see how he could get them already done cheap enough from jhp to justify even bothering to sell them. ebay fees and paypal fees and shipping fees would just all be to much to make him any profile that way.

·
1,695 Posts
your cheapest way out of this one is, like someone said, get the LHD pod from jhp and put your gauges in it.

JHP doesnt make any of these gauges, they are made by Holden. JHP modifies the pod to LHD. Which is why like Havoc said, the RHD ones can be bought for alot less than $350US.

·
Just a Re-engineered Cavalier
3,830 Posts
I bought just the gauges off ebay, and put up a WTB thread in the for sale section and got a JHP Pod, it is worth a shot, I saved about 150 off the retail of the whole setup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts