Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who else feels screwed???

i have to admit that the more info i find out about the 05 GTO the more i am feeling screwed.

if it it does come out as rumored (LS2, dual exhaust, hood scoops, bigger brakes,etc) i am gonna feel really screwed. especially if the MSRP is around the same as the 04.

and to add insult to injury, there are gonna be incentives on the 04.

dont get me wrong, the 04 is a great car. but i looked at it terms of value. its sounding like the 05 is gonna give ALOT more for the money.

i dont know, im just ranting.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
You are basing this off of info provided in another post where a salesman quoted things to someone that we just know are not true. That salesman is the scum of the earth, took a deposit on an 05 he said he would have in a month... quoted a price that doesn't make sense.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huntress said:
You are basing this off of info provided in another post where a salesman quoted things to someone that we just know are not true. That salesman is the scum of the earth, took a deposit on an 05 he said he would have in a month... quoted a price that doesn't make sense.
this is true. but these rumors have been floating around in OTHER threads as well. NIKIVEE has been saying alot of the same things and he seems to be in the inside track. and so far all of this info seems to coinciding with what he has been saying.

i mean, i hope for the sake of ALL 04 owners that the rumors are false. but as time passes it seems like they are not.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Fact is, if what that salesman told me is true, then I'd feel a whole lot better than if the LS2, dual exit exhaust, hood scoop thing comes true.

But we just don't know, and we won't for a good long while, so we just get to wait and brood.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Huntress said:
The salesman did not say that the LS2 was in the 2005, he said he was going to verify it and get back to me. I did say that in the other post, but perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could have been. So the guy that took the deposit and the guy that was called on the phone are two different salesman. Still might end up being accurate, but I'll let you know what the salesman says about the LS2.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am trying not to brood. i know i got a great car at a good price. its just hard to know that i may have been able to get something else ALOT better for about the same price. ya know?

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I'm not thrilled about it myself. I'd rather see the LS2 and scoops be an option. An HO version if you will. Otherwise the aftermarket is going to drop the 04 like a tone of bricks.

Love my 04 though..

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the thing that concerns me about the LS2 is this:
i used to tell myself that GM would NOT put the LS2 in anything other than the Vette for atleast a year. (just like what happened with the LS1 in Fbodies a few years back).
but now if they are putting the LS2 in the SSR, why would they hesitate to put it in the GTO, ya know what i mean?

·
Registered
179 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
i am trying not to brood. i know i got a great car at a good price. its just hard to know that i may have been able to get something else ALOT better for about the same price. ya know?
I feel the same way about the new GTO. I bought my 2002 Z28 with every option back in January of '02. I ended up paying more for it than the new GTO's cost. Bang for the buck, I'd rather have the GTO! The Camaro is a great engine with a good body on top, but that's all it is. The GTO is more 'mature' and costs less than mine. I try not to think about what I paid now! lol!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JDHarris said:
I feel the same way about the new GTO. I bought my 2002 Z28 with every option back in January of '02. I ended up paying more for it than the new GTO's cost. Bang for the buck, I'd rather have the GTO! The Camaro is a great engine with a good body on top, but that's all it is. The GTO is more 'mature' and costs less than mine. I try not to think about what I paid now! lol!

well atleast you didn't make the same mistake twice by getting the 04 GTO before the info on the 05 has been confirmed

·
2,137 Posts
JDHarris said:
The salesman did not say that the LS2 was in the 2005, he said he was going to verify it and get back to me. I did say that in the other post, but perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could have been. So the guy that took the deposit and the guy that was called on the phone are two different salesman. Still might end up being accurate, but I'll let you know what the salesman says about the LS2.
Just so you know... I was concerned that he told you he would have a 2005 before they even start production... that's is all.

I think that is the issue we need to address... is the September production date wrong???

BTW JD... I forgot to welcome you to the site! Welcome!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Pontiac called me today as a follow up to a previous call and the guy told me again that the 2005 goes into production Sept. 13th and that he had no other info on it.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
if i felt screwed i'd be taking a nap now :).
the what if and wait thing could go on forever. things improve, features are added... usually at additional cost (plus as i mentioned in another thread, interest rates are going to go up). if you were looking for a car that you might get sometime in future years i'd say wait and wait and wait. there'll always be something better. i walked into this knowing it's not the fastest car on the road, others have satellite navigation, satellite radio, heated seats, etc, etc, etc... heck, even hood scoops. kinda like mr mike's veni, vidi, vici (or as he really says, fece). i looked, i liked, i bought.
ok, now it's time to get screwed and take a nap.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Huntress said:
Just so you know... I was concerned that he told you he would have a 2005 before they even start production... that's is all.

I think that is the issue we need to address... is the September production date wrong???

BTW JD... I forgot to welcome you to the site! Welcome!!!
Thank you very much for the welcome! The salesman did not quote me a production date. He said it would be in the 7-9 month range before it would get here. The earlier date was given to another site member when he called and talked to a different salesman. I keep fairly current on car info and wouldn't let a guy BS me THAT much! lol! I know when to give them the finger and walk away!

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
I doubt very seriuosly your gonna see and LS2, bigger brakes, etc. for the same
or almost the same MSRP. The 04 in my opinion is a kick but car. Engine wise there
is tons of after market products for it. As far as hood scoops, if the 05's have um,
just dial up the dealer and order the 05 hood if you want. Brakes, we can always upgrade. I think when this all shakes out your gonna love your 04 more. Why? Cause
you payed a good price comparatively and with the aftermarket you can change most
anything you want.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
while it is true that cars are always getting faster and better i think that there is a limit to how fast they can do this.
For example, the LS1 was in the Fbods and C5 Vette for how many years???? like 6 or 7. yes the LS6 did come out in 01 or 02 ( i forget which). but there was a period of time when the LS1 was the flagship engine of GM.
now the LS2 is GM's new flagship engine. and im guessing its gonna stay that way for another 6-7 years.
i guess my point is that if the 05 gets the LS2, then the LS2 will probably be in the GTO for a few years to come and therefore will have the same power for a few years to come. thus, those w/ 04s will be driving the slowest factory GTO.

·
2,137 Posts
JDHarris said:
Thank you very much for the welcome! The salesman did not quote me a production date. He said it would be in the 7-9 month range before it would get here. The earlier date was given to another site member when he called and talked to a different salesman. I keep fairly current on car info and wouldn't let a guy BS me THAT much! lol! I know when to give them the finger and walk away!
I see now that you were mis-quoted in the other thread...

you said:
No final price yet. They don't have the final pricing info on the 2005's yet. It's expected within the next couple weeks. It's a fully loaded GTO. The salesman is verifying that it does in fact have the LS2 as well. I got it for $2500 below MSRP, whatever that happens to end up being! lol! I'm dealing with Rydell Automotive in Van Nuys Cali on a recommendation from one of the users here. So far it's been an awesome experience, no sales bullshit!
And someone else asked how you could get the car 6-8 weeks before production... when in fact you were talking PRICE in a few weeks.

Now I get it :D

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
2,345 Posts
I for one do not feel screwed. I an happy I got an 04, it being the first year back. Fond memories of the 68 Goat I had. Nostalgia if you will. As far as performance goes. I plan on doing the LS2 Heads and Cam. I have already spoken to a dealership about doing the work. All I have to do now is set a time. I will keep all the original parts in order to maintain the value of the car if there ever is any real market for the 04's. That is if I ever could part with it. Cars are like computers any more you no sooner get one than a faster better model comes out.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
:wall: If I were a betting Man

With all of those options in 05 I would say 39495.00 MSRP
and out the door @ 36500.00 :sneaky:

Cost big $$ to retool for a new model

JMHO
Dan

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.