LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched everywhere, could not find a post. However, at least one person here must have one. Can you share detailed driving experience?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ydtrack said:
Are you looking to get one for yourself? I think the Magnacharger is the only one that is CA legal.
Actually I am getting one. My car is at Vortech now. I know they had done an automatic not long ago and I was hoping to get that person to let us all know how it is working out. And of course I wanted to hear how much of a percieved performance increase I could expect as well as the little problems that you will have with the first run of anything.

They are going for CARB after this car is done so it will eventually be ok for California.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
You da man right now, Larry

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Make sure you let us know what it dyno's and how it drives.

·
Registered
492 Posts
GTOLarry said:
Actually I am getting one. My car is at Vortech now. I know they had done an automatic not long ago and I was hoping to get that person to let us all know how it is working out. And of course I wanted to hear how much of a percieved performance increase I could expect as well as the little problems that you will have with the first run of anything.

They are going for CARB after this car is done so it will eventually be ok for California.
Good Deal! Keep us posted.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Vortech has a tendency to issue an estimated flywheel HP number extrapolated from the RWHP. Let's get a real dyno chart if we can. Without the HP/Torque curves, a peak power number is not too meaningful. I'm far more interested in where the power starts climbing rather than how high it gets at an RPM I might never want to spend much time at. Also, you might mention the 30-40 RWHP gain Magnuson gets by yanking the MAF screen, and see if they want to do the same in the interest of fair competition :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mistermike said:
Vortech has a tendency to issue an estimated flywheel HP number extrapolated from the RWHP. Let's get a real dyno chart if we can. Without the HP/Torque curves, a peak power number is not too meaningful. I'm far more interested in where the power starts climbing rather than how high it gets at an RPM I might never want to spend much time at. Also, you might mention the 30-40 RWHP gain Magnuson gets by yanking the MAF screen, and see if they want to do the same in the interest of fair competition :D
As I get information, pics, dyno charts etc. I will post all. I expect the outcome to be pretty good, they have been putting out LS1 solutions for a while. I will try and get the nitty gritty....

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
And we want 1/4 mile track numbers. That'll be the proof. The only s/c numbers we've seen were a Procharger D-1 with a 12.2 @ 112.

Good luck Larry and congrats - it's gonna be fun. :cool:

Padre

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
PadreGTO said:
And we want 1/4 mile track numbers. That'll be the proof. The only s/c numbers we've seen were a Procharger D-1 with a 12.2 @ 112.

Good luck Larry and congrats - it's gonna be fun. :cool:

Padre
It will be going to the track. I wont get it back for 4-6 weeks. So far they are saying end of October but it Will go to the track. As I understand it the car will likely get reviewed by some of the GM type high performance mags, so we can look forward to some independent testing as well. I will share all as it develops. Car will also be getting other mods too. Only performance mods however will be Vortech, it is expected to get suspension, brakes, wheels/tires before the reviews I think. It is a red 6spd so look for it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
GTOLarry said:
It will be going to the track. I wont get it back for 4-6 weeks. So far they are saying end of October but it Will go to the track. As I understand it the car will likely get reviewed by some of the GM type high performance mags, so we can look forward to some independent testing as well. I will share all as it develops. Car will also be getting other mods too. Only performance mods however will be Vortech, it is expected to get suspension, brakes, wheels/tires before the reviews I think. It is a red 6spd so look for it.
K, so I'm jealous.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts