LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im contemplating the idea of getting a 100-150 shot for the gto.

I am just looking for others that might have it already that could adivse me....

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
26 views and not one reply....come on people?/ :banghead:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 75 wet shot. Its not all installed yet. Got the bottle mounted and the NOS feed line run. I am waiting for A MSD digital window then I will mount the solenoids and WOT micro switch. Kind of a custom setup.

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dean360 said:
I have a 75 wet shot. Its not all installed yet. Got the bottle mounted and the NOS feed line run. I am waiting for A MSD digital window then I will mount the solenoids and WOT micro switch. Kind of a custom setup.

Finally....

I would definately like to see how ya make out with the setup. Post pics when ya can and keep me updated

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm serioulsy thinking about using the kit we had on our 02 Maxima on the GTO. It's an NX wet kit with all the creature features and safety devices. The thing I like is that NX makes a throttle body that is designed to be used with their kit, or any wet nitrous kit. Nitrous is defintely a good option for theses cars. It just sucks to go refill it every week. ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I will take some pics for you. Once I get it done I will be going to the dyno. Should all be done in a month, hopefully. :cool:

·
Ph.D. in R.E.
407 Posts
Nitrous is an extremely simple mod. There are all kinds of tweaks you can do to increase the power of the mod, up to and including specially designed heads, but a basic kit would consist of the nitrous system, fuel pump, and a window switch. The window switch turns the nitrous on in a certain rpm window, say, 3000-6000 rpm, then turns the nitrous off during the shift so you don't stress the tranny. The bigger fuel pump is more of a safety thing than a performance enhancer.

The thing you have to be careful of is exceeding the limits of the pistons. The figure you want to use as a limit on hypereutectic pistons is 300 BMEP (Brake Mean Effective Pressure). Using Desktop Dyno, I calculate you can safely activate a 100 shot of nitrous at 2000 rpm and a 150 shot at 3000 rpm, on a stock cammed engine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a nitrous works kits i am selling if your interested. Its never been used and its adjustable 75-125. Let me know if your interested.

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
04IBMGOAT said:
I have a nitrous works kits i am selling if your interested. Its never been used and its adjustable 75-125. Let me know if your interested.

What kit specifically and how much?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just wondering, since I don't have alot of experience with LS1's, what's the normal max shot the LS1 can take? Keep in mind it's a NX wet kit, all the nitrous bells and whistles, and a MSD RPM windsow switch.

·
Registered GTO Abuser
152 Posts
usually with timing pulled throught reprogramming and colder plugs and good gas on a cool night you can safely go 125-150ish dry and slightly higher wet any more and you start getting to the limit of hypereutectic pistons and stock rods. ill let ya know after this weekend

pill it till you kill it and take it to the dealer still smoking
just make very sure the kit and just about everything else is off the car. unless your boss is the service director and said do it LS-6 en-route for delivery

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
TWO-TONS-OF-FUN said:
Dry shot 125 stock everything
What kit do you have? Any 1/4 mile times?

·
Registered
506 Posts
any body using the n.o.s. noszle system never seen anyone with the kit very intrested

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
The latest High Performance Pontiac has a new series on installing NOS in the GTO.

·
JeffThompsonProperties.co m
50 Posts
Juicing it.

I'm spraying the ZEX 125 shot in a Gravana Intake kit. Easy install. Flows past Granatelli MAF, FAST 78mm TB, Weiand/Lingenfelter ported Aluminum Intake, 30lb Accel Injectors, CNC Stage II heads, Direct Hits wire/plug ignition kit, Stainless works Long headers, DMH 2.5" electric cutouts and finally out of a custom 2.5" exhaust w/ 40 series flowmasters. Hyper Grounding Kit, Optima red top battery, RK sport hood, Hyper Voltage regulator, BMR Strut brace/skid guard/subframe connectors, Fondmetal Tech4 18x8 Wheels with 245/40-18 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW NT's all around with 18x8 245/40-18 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial's at the track and a Predator Programming. Spraying got me down to [email protected] before RKsport Hood and Heads. I'll give you new #'s later. Adding a NOS 300hp Direct Port set-up next. Will use the ZEX as a second stage.

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
pics please!!!!!

·
Its good to be BLOWN!
28 Posts
easternspeed said:
I'm spraying the ZEX 125 shot in a Gravana Intake kit. Easy install. Flows past Granatelli MAF, FAST 78mm TB, Weiand/Lingenfelter ported Aluminum Intake, 30lb Accel Injectors, CNC Stage II heads, Direct Hits wire/plug ignition kit, Stainless works Long headers, DMH 2.5" electric cutouts and finally out of a custom 2.5" exhaust w/ 40 series flowmasters. Hyper Grounding Kit, Optima red top battery, RK sport hood, Hyper Voltage regulator, BMR Strut brace/skid guard/subframe connectors, Fondmetal Tech4 18x8 Wheels with 245/40-18 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW NT's all around with 18x8 245/40-18 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial's at the track and a Predator Programming. Spraying got me down to [email protected] before RKsport Hood and Heads. I'll give you new #'s later. Adding a NOS 300hp Direct Port set-up next. Will use the ZEX as a second stage.
:gr_jest: 300 shot on the stock bottom end??? I'll give you a max of 5 runs before you blow that motor :gr_jest:

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
GOT ME SOM said:
:gr_jest: 300 shot on the stock bottom end??? I'll give you a max of 5 runs before you blow that motor :gr_jest:
BMR is running 250hp nitrous on their GTO and ran a 10.98 stock LS1 short block heads cam stock. Granted they blew a head gasket on their second 10 second pass but they ran 20+ 11 second passes with less nitrous.

With nitrous the problem is putting on 300hp but the engine not being able to flow 600hp with heads its definately possible. If I went the nitrous route I wouldn't go for more then 200hp wet kit or NOS NXL direct port etc. My car isn't going to be a bottle baby though. :)

·
Its good to be BLOWN!
28 Posts
BMR has a built 408 iron block..

I

1 - 20 of 45 Posts