LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope its not a repost.

Who's black gto is this and what is wrong?

I saw this on svtperformance.com

here is the post :banghead:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=125376

here is the post from Mach1Registry. PS this is not Me. The guys handle is Angus66

Ran a Supercharged 04 GTO at the track...
...and tore him a new one!

Here's the video:

Blown GTO vs Bolt-On Mach 1
http://home.comcast.net/~luvpoohbea...Mach_091104.wmv

I had to make the video pretty big - any smaller & you couldn't read the timing boards.
If anyone still can't read them, I have a larger version that even Mr Magoo could read. It's almost 10 MB though...

Since I knew I would get called a liar by the GM/GTO fans,
I took video of the above car (and mine) in the pits cooling-off between runs,
with numbers clearly visible on the sides of both cars:

Blown GTO & Bolt-On Mach 1 in the pits
http://home.comcast.net/~luvpoohbea...lose_091104.wmv

The GTO ran a a bit faster (13.346 @ 104.49 w/2.0X 60 ft) against an '04 Cobra, who ran a 12.067 @ 119.09 (OUCH!).

'04 Blown GTO vs '04 Blown Cobra
http://home.comcast.net/~luvpoohbea...vs_04_Cobra.wmv

The Goat also ran a 13.2X @ 104.8X (2.00 60 ft) early in the day, which I got on video but I didn't
catch his time before it was gone from the board.
(The 5.0 car he ran was so far ahead of him that I got bored waiting for the GTO's time to appear... )

Personally, I'd be more than a little irked if I was the owner of this car.
Either the tune is extremely safe, or the blower is only making 2 PSI of boost.
I talked to the owner several times & he seemed quite satisfied with his times - and since it's his car - that's all that really matters I guess.

So, I got what I had been looking for - a run with a modded '04 Goat.

Maybe not the fastest or best-tuned GTO around, but a run nonetheless...

Also, not a new best time, but still my best run of the day:
(This is not my slip running the GTO BTW)

Last edited by bartzmach1 on 09-16-2004 at 12:56 AM

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh...sorry

IBTL

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Old news, yes, but we still don't know who it was or what the story is. Angus halfway admitted in another thread that the owner said he was slipping and sliding the whole way, but who knows. All we know is that Angus beat a GTO that supposedly had a supercharger and obviously either didn't have a good run or has something seriously wrong with his tuning.

Padre

·
10 sec club
471 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Angus halfway admitted in another thread that the owner said he was slipping and sliding the whole way, but who knows.
I said the Cobra was slippin' & slidin' not the GTO.
The Cobras 119 mph trap speed + high ET of 12.02 pretty much makes that obvious.
(That Cobra should be running mid-11's based on weight & that 119 mph trap BTW...)

Here's the post from LS1Tech you're likely referring to:

unit213 said:
BTW...did you hear the '04 Cobra pedal the **** out of it on the launch? Zero traction. I ran 11.5's at 119mph.
Angus66 said:
Yeah, I've talked to the guy a few times since posting the video & he said he was just a slippin' & a slidin'.
(His Cobra is an '03 BTW - I thought it was an '04 because of the '04 Anniversary wheels on it...)

Track prep was for **** that day, and they only prepped the near/right right for DR's & slicks.
The far/left lane had no water box at all - I ran my 12.91 in the right lane & only 13.1 in the left lane... :(
Link to thread in question:
LS1 Tech Thread

PadreGTO said:
All we know is that Angus beat a GTO that supposedly had a supercharger
What is "supposedly" about the pit video I posted showing the car,
his supercharger & his number???

That same GTO is in the video & on the time slip...

PadreGTO said:
and obviously either didn't have a good run or has something seriously wrong with his tuning.
I don't disagree & could certainly right-off one or two bad runs, backed-up by substantially better passes.
Problem is, he had 6+ bad runs (some MUCH worse than the ones I posted) and not one run showed any promise of way lower ET or way higher mph.

Tuning & driver skill are all things you should bring with you (or work-on if have a hand-held tuner) at the track.

The lack of either in that supercharged GTO is certainly not my fault... :p

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'll say one possibility. Being an SC'd GTO, and having HP tuners to boot. They put the fueling table in backwards. :eek2: :eek2: This could be a little bit of an issue. The IFR table that is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts