LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on getting gears for the GTO.I know a company here in the states that bid on building diffs for these cars before holden started building them.I am waiting to here back for them to see if they did get the bid and if I can get gears from them.my car has not made it to the states yet and I need a diff to work with.if any one out there knows of a wrecked car that we can get a diff from let me know,because there is a gear company that I work with that will look at making gears for us.

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Got my gears from Austrailia. They have all the same markings as the ones that came out of the car, factory. I can't say for sure that the new gears were made by the same company but everything looks the same. You will also need to get the bearing for the pinion gear and they are not that cheap. Paid about $250 for the set of gears but shipping will kill.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let us know your contact info for the company. some of us would like to get the gears doine too. And if you have a contact over there that can get the 18" monaro wheels, please let us know.

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
I'd really be interested in an upgraded diff altogether. Maybe the one that uses the Ford 9" center section. If I put a lot more power out of the engine, I want a diff that can take it. I also want to upgrade to real u-joints on the driveshaft too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gears are on the way

Guys we have 8 sets of 3.73 coming.They should be in at the first of the week.If anyone wants gears let me know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BillyGoatGruff said:
Got my gears from Austrailia. They have all the same markings as the ones that came out of the car, factory. I can't say for sure that the new gears were made by the same company but everything looks the same. You will also need to get the bearing for the pinion gear and they are not that cheap. Paid about $250 for the set of gears but shipping will kill.
Billy, You can pull the rear pinion bearing and reuse it. With no more miles than most of you guys have on your cars.When you pre load the pin bearings set them at 7-9 inch pounds.

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
We had to sort of destroy the orginal bearing in order to get it off to get the part number from it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts