LS1GTO.com Forums banner

561 - 580 of 612 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
What we have here is a real thread about an imaginary plan to make an imaginary budget for an imaginary car to race imaginary competition by a person who imagines that is racing. So of course he can't be beat by real people in real cars:picsnao:

No mister Galant, I'm not buying anything, I'm simply illustrating the Competition you will face if you show up to an official Event..never mind you don't even have a plan :popcorn2:

Tomorrow I will show you more worthless BS

·
What are you running
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
Horizontal & Vertical Wheel Rates

Look at a couple of key variables of Competition (forget the fact the passenger side front wheel is not touching the ground):

>>Notes:

- Notice the turning arc of the front tire corresponding to the steering amount
--> The Vertical Rotation Plane is moderately outside (however not that outside) of the Body

- Notice the minimal lean (although greater than average because of the sharpness of the turn (usually achieved only using Coilovers))
--> Providing greater average tire contact area with the ground

- Notice the substantially Square Setup [of tires]
---> Allows faster left/right quick directional rotation of the car throwing it around cones

Using these few factors, applied to your implementation (Lol), you can consistently inject faster speeds..

·
What are you running
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #567
:loser: :loser: :loser:​

No truer words have been typed by you yet.
90% certain OP is mildly autistic.... better keep this thread going just to be sure.
What we have here is a real thread about an imaginary plan to make an imaginary budget for an imaginary car to race imaginary competition by a person who imagines that is racing. So of course he can't be beat by real people in real cars
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:​

·
Buffering...
73 Posts
Look at a couple of key variables of Competition (forget the fact the passenger side front wheel is not touching the ground):

>>Notes:

- Notice the turning arc of the front tire corresponding to the steering amount
--> The Vertical Rotation Plane is moderately outside (however not that outside) of the Body

- Notice the minimal lean (although greater than average because of the sharpness of the turn (usually achieved only using Coilovers))
--> Providing greater average tire contact area with the ground

- Notice the substantially Square Setup [of tires]
---> Allows faster left/right quick directional rotation of the car throwing it around cones

Using these few factors, applied to your implementation (Lol), you can consistently inject faster speeds..
This is what sailors would call "nuking it." You haven't actually provided any new information, you've simply over analyzed the old and made it SEEM more complecated.

What are you trying to say here? That in order to turn better you need wider front tires and coil overs (Which we already know)? or that you can tell how one car would perform vs another just by looking at pictures on the Internet (which is both impossible given the unknowns, and irrelevant unless you want to step this thread up a notch, and lay out a hypothetical track and conduct hypothetical races)

·
What are you running
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
This is what sailors would call "nuking it." You haven't actually provided any new information, you've simply over analyzed the old and made it SEEM more complecated.

What are you trying to say here? That in order to turn better you need wider front tires and coil overs (Which we already know)? or that you can tell how one car would perform vs another just by looking at pictures on the Internet (which is both impossible given the unknowns, and irrelevant unless you want to step this thread up a notch, and lay out a hypothetical track and conduct hypothetical races)
Why exactly are you here? Do you AX?

I have:

- Established a Goal (SCCA E-Street Prepared Solo)
- Come up with a competitive Plan (Stage I Implementation)
- Started hashing out key Variables (suspension settings, tires, front and rear bodywork)

YOU, have produced next to nothing:

:gr_devil: :gr_devil: :gr_devil:

·
Banned
534 Posts

I have:

- Started hashing out key Variables (suspension settings, tires, front and rear bodywork)

On the contrary sir, you and Baddriver88 have produced exactly the same thing in this thread.

·
Buffering...
73 Posts

I have:

Did you really just answer my question with a question? Damn. For a second i thought we were actaully gonna have a conversation. Nope, I sure don't autocross, but since neither do you at the moment, I don't think you have much room to be making exclusions here. Especially since only one of us owns a GTO.... but hey, don't let me interrupt you. by all means, please continue to educate us all with pictures of mustangs.

·
What are you running
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #574

Did you really just answer my question with a question? Damn. For a second i thought we were actaully gonna have a conversation. Nope, I sure don't autocross, but since neither do you at the moment, I don't think you have much room to be making exclusions here. Especially since only one of us owns a GTO.... but hey, don't let me interrupt you. by all means, please continue to educate us all with pictures of mustangs.
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

·
What are you running
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #576
>> Couple of Notes:

- All these Cars are in the same Class (for reference purposes)

- All these Cars have stiff suspensions, and hug the ground

- All these Cars have close-to-square tire setups

- All these Cars have some sort of Fender Flares

- All these Cars have somewhat deep wheel Dishes

:morncoff:

·
Registered
910 Posts
This is what you've actually done:
Made a big deal out having a goal- nice but meaningless unless you pursue it. If you consider this thread indicative of your pursuit, then you've already failed because of the following:
- Your competitive plan is a complete bust as its based on bogus decisions and information:
- your engine mods are listed as producing 500rwhp, you'll be lucky to hit 375
- your weight loss estimates are equally inaccurate and incomplete, you list losses without doing an equally fair weight gain analysis
- you seem to equate extremes with increased performance, fact is performance is always a game of intelligent compromise, suspension stiffness for example needs to be soft enough to keep the wheels in contact with the road while being stiff enough to resist cornering loads.
Too stiff and you will loose even straight line traction from lack of weight transfer and the same with braking.
If you increase traction significantly you will not be able to get by with stock size brake rotors and calipers despite the low speeds, yet you ignore brakes beyond a few changes that are barely street worthy.
- you spend more time making up BS terminology than it takes to actually learn how it works and the related real terms

In short your whole approach demonstrates an amazing lack of knowledge of even the most basic considerations involved and a thought process that seems to indicate you think you're the first and only person to understand what the GTO needs in the way of performance enhancement. Pretty much everything you say is not only wrong in one way or another but also controversial to the point it would seem only a troll would say such.
If anyone calls you out on the BS you spew, you resort to emoticons, retorts questioning their autocross experience or just dodge the whole issue. You seem incapable of saying anything more substantial than blah blah blah.
Since you are not even funny, you'll likely find people consider your posts to be less worthy than the jokes made about you.
Get a life, get a car and do something with it or enjoy the welcome here instead, your choice.

I have:

·
Banned
534 Posts
>> Couple of Notes:

- All these Cars are in the same Class (for reference purposes) this cannot be substantiated, for example, the white car above is unknown

- All these Cars have stiff suspensions, and hug the ground "stiffness" cannot be determined by a picture. Using even your own above post as an example, an M3 does not, generally, have a "stiff" suspension. Nor does a car need to "hug the ground" to have good chassis reflexes. A picture of a car "laying frame" does not imply high skid pad numbers.

- All these Cars have close-to-square tire setups
again, with a simple picture this is solely conjecture

- All these Cars have some sort of Fender Flares Not all...

- All these Cars have somewhat deep wheel Dishes dish would of course have more to do with aesthetics than proving some sort of suspension, chassis or tire superiority. Face depth, offset and wheel width are not necessarily congruent.

:morncoff:
And; begin.

·
What are you running
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #579
Made a big deal out having a goal- nice but meaningless unless you pursue it. If you consider this thread indicative of your pursuit, then you've already failed because of the following:
- Your competitive plan is a complete bust as its based on bogus decisions and information:
False
Incorrect
- your weight loss estimates are equally inaccurate and incomplete, you list losses without doing an equally fair weight gain analysis
Incomplete
- you seem to equate extremes with increased performance, fact is performance is always a game of intelligent compromise, suspension stiffness for example needs to be soft enough to keep the wheels in contact with the road while being stiff enough to resist cornering loads.
Too stiff and you will loose even straight line traction from lack of weight transfer and the same with braking.
If you increase traction significantly you will not be able to get by with stock size brake rotors and calipers despite the low speeds, yet you ignore brakes beyond a few changes that are barely street worthy.
- you spend more time making up BS terminology than it takes to actually learn how it works and the related real terms

In short your whole approach demonstrates an amazing lack of knowledge of even the most basic considerations involved and a thought process that seems to indicate you think you're the first and only person to understand what the GTO needs in the way of performance enhancement. Pretty much everything you say is not only wrong in one way or another but also controversial to the point it would seem only a troll would say such.
If anyone calls you out on the BS you spew, you resort to emoticons, retorts questioning their autocross experience or just dodge the whole issue. You seem incapable of saying anything more substantial than blah blah blah.
Since you are not even funny, you'll likely find people consider your posts to be less worthy than the jokes made about you.
Get a life, get a car and do something with it or enjoy the welcome here instead, your choice.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

·
Buffering...
73 Posts

561 - 580 of 612 Posts