LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
CAROLINA ROGUE VETTES!!!
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is running 20's on their goat and post pics if you have them. I'm thinking about putting 20's on mine and wanted to see if there are many or any others who have 'em.

·
www.theangrygoat.com
417 Posts
I think the whole size/offset and rubbing issue would come into play, unless you want to ride on a rubber band

·
NC Rogue Squadron
4,002 Posts
Not mine but here is a GTO on 20's

·
medium rare
348 Posts
That actually looks better than I thought it would...

·
The Jolly Roger
277 Posts
looks like a "G-Ride" imo

·
CAROLINA ROGUE VETTES!!!
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the red one just wanted to see others. I'm going to put 20's on mine.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
19's are big enough for me

·
Registered
7 Posts
2004 Goat on 20's.

:gears: I have a black 2004 on 20" FOOSE Speedsters. If you want to see a pic I can post it in a couple days.

·
Christ Follower
415 Posts
I have 20's. I am considering going another route and am considering selling mine. They are Zinik Adrians 20*8.5 with a +42 offset. I currently run 255/30zr20 ps2 michelin in the front and rear, but I also have a set of 285/30zr20 that I may be putting on in the rear shortly. Oh and you will have to cut or roll your fenders. If you are interested or anyone for that matter shoot me a pM.
http://sincitygoats.com/gallery/v/Bigred1/

·
CAROLINA ROGUE VETTES!!!
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BIGRED1 said:
I have 20's. I am considering going another route and am considering selling mine. They are Zinik Adrians 20*8.5 with a +42 offset. I currently run 255/30zr20 ps2 michelin in the front and rear, but I also have a set of 285/30zr20 that I may be putting on in the rear shortly. Oh and you will have to cut or roll your fenders. If you are interested or anyone for that matter shoot me a pM.
http://sincitygoats.com/gallery/v/Bigred1/
Damn that looks sweet. I'm going to order mine this week so I won't let the cat out of the bag until I can post pics. I was thinking about 225/30/20 +40 offset. I would like to go with a wider tire just don't know how much fender lip I will have to cut off.

·
Christ Follower
415 Posts
From a tire standpoint in the front the largest you can go is a 255/30(with my offset), I would go with a 245/30 just in case your camber is different than mine. You will regret going with a +40. +42 is what mine are and I would really love it if they were +45-+50 in the rear. Also if you go +40 in the front than possibly a 235/40. I think a 225 would look to narrow. Also with a +42 I had to just about cut the whole finder lip off, so I think you will run into big problems with a +40. The problem area for me has been where the rear fender connects to the bumper. Hope this helps, and please reconsider the +40 offset as you will most likley regret it.

·
"There's no good sharks?"
1,294 Posts
yo yo yo. I run 26 dog!

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
^^^^Thats pretty funny

·
AZGOAT
109 Posts
20's should not even be allowed in the same garage as a GTO. I made the mistake once of putting 20's on my 4/5 dropped 2004 Silverado and I regretted it. The 20's are to big even for a full size truck, the ride terrible, stop terrible and vibrate on the hub when you hit any deformity in the road. The hub/rotor/spindle on a full size truck are too small for those big wheels, so I'm sure a GTO would be a real pig to drive.

Why not just buy some gold dubs and curb feelers?

·
CAROLINA ROGUE VETTES!!!
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gto on 20s said:
and dont forget they slow down your muscle car ONK ONK
Only if you have a muscle car! Mine will pick up time due to the extra momentum rolling forward. :bootyshak

1 - 20 of 92 Posts