LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For our cars?

I know where to get the other kind. :D

I would like one for when I take longer trips so that I don't have to spend three hours resanitizing my front end.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i asked this question awhile ago. the consensus back than was that no one is selling them yet. i have not seen or heard anything about bras for the GTO yet. try a search for bras.

i can relate with you concerns CMNT. when i take road trips i hate to clean the bug crap of my front end.

so i decided to use a GOOD wax and see how it works. ive been using meguiars NXT and am very impressed. the bug guts and bird crap come off very easily. even with just meguiars quick spray wax and a rag when i have to do quick. this would be my recomendation in the mean time.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts

·
13 year owner
16,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, lets keep that secret between you and I.

I good wax or polish will help however they still welt the paint, their juices then pemrmiate it discoloring it, and of course due to the fact that you hit them generally at a higher rate of speed, they are harder to get off no matter what. Sometimes they're even difficult for the clay bar.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
3m

3M makes a protective coating available through certified tint shops under it's Scotchguard name. Clear, no yellowing, and pebbles bounce off. No chips or bug juice spots....Hint...hint... :sneaky:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
What's the last thing to pass through a bug's mind when hitting the bumper at 80 MPH?

·
13 year owner
16,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Old Goat said:
3M makes a protective coating available through certified tint shops under it's Scotchguard name. Clear, no yellowing, and pebbles bounce off. No chips or bug juice spots....Hint...hint... :sneaky:
Yea, I've seen that too.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Old Goat said:
Has anyone had the film installed on their car(s)? I'd appreciate your observations thus far, as I'm seriously considering this option.

I got a quote from a Phoenix-area installer - $295 for the front bumper and vulnerable areas of the (1) hood (front third, roughly speaking) and (2) front fenders. I didn't ask about the advisability or cost of covering the painted inside areas of the fenders (including those in the rear) that are subject to dirt and pebbles thrown from the tires - areas that might be protected by mud flaps (ahem, I mean "splash guards").

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Now I gota search for "Bra", I haven't seen the picture. :p

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Mike is a lucky man,,,

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Every freaking bra thread has that stupid picture that better not show up :sneaky:
My mouse hand is shaking, but I'm excercising great restraint :cool:

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I get my bras at.... oh wait, wrong message forum :eek:

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Seriously though... carbras.com told me in an email on 5/21 that they expected to have the GTO bras completed in 30 days. They seem to have very nice quality bras.

I suggest emailing them also, just so they know more than I would like one.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Couldn't possibly be this one...

DevilYellow said:
Every freaking bra thread has that stupid picture that better not show up :sneaky:
You can't posssibly mean this one.... :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts