LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Si vis pacem, paro bellum
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who on here is the closest person to Memphis, TN that has either already received or ordered their GTO? I have some other finances to take care of first, but am planning on getting mine either ordered or from a dealership if they have one I like by Oct-Nov of this year...my b-day present to myself.
Mike

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hollywood said:
So who on here is the closest person to Memphis, TN that has either already received or ordered their GTO? I have some other finances to take care of first, but am planning on getting mine either ordered or from a dealership if they have one I like by Oct-Nov of this year...my b-day present to myself.
Mike
I live about an hour south of Little Rock. Bought mine at dealership near Ft. Bragg, N.C. when I got back from Iraq. Its a black M6. Its really fun! :thumbs:

·
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet! I'm glad you made it back from Iraq. Feel sad for those who won't. I am looking to get the black/black/m6 as well. We'll have to get together sometime when I get mine and go crusin around somewhere. I finally saw the first one on the road around Memphis today. My friends tell me that they see them all the time but I hadn't until today.
mike

BTW- I was starting to think I was the only one in the Memphis area.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hollywood said:
Sweet! I'm glad you made it back from Iraq. Feel sad for those who won't. I am looking to get the black/black/m6 as well. We'll have to get together sometime when I get mine and go crusin around somewhere. I finally saw the first one on the road around Memphis today. My friends tell me that they see them all the time but I hadn't until today.
mike

BTW- I was starting to think I was the only one in the Memphis area.
That would be great! Hopefully there will be some others in the area by that time, as well. Be sure to let me know when you get your new ride.

I just ordered Hoen lights and should have new wheels/tires mounted by the weekend :thumbs:

·
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm....So now the debating starts! the news has hit the floor about the specs on the 05 goat and now I have to decide whether I want to wait for the 05 or get the 04. it's looking like dec-jan now anyway on my purchase date due to my lazy ass not going out to get another job. decisions decisions... :drink: :( :drink:
mike

·
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll definitely be waiting for the 05 gto. i am still leaning towards the black/black m6. i still want to see what the cyclone grey and midnight blue look like before i finally decide on the color though. i just moved into a new apt complex so i now have a garage to house the goat in. my new roommate is getting jealous already and saying that he is gonna go get either a z06 or a c6 just so i am not faster than he is. some people...
mike

·
durp
113 Posts
05GTO said:
Hey, Im over in Jonesboro, Arkansas, bout 1.5 northwest of memphis. I personally am waiting for the 05s, and plan on a Blue/Blue A4.
Wow, you're just north of me, I'm in Harrisburg. :D

As far as GTOs, there's a guy down the road in Trumann who has a red one. Dunno about interior, auto/stick, etc... haven't actually had the chance to take a close look at it. The guy must be alright, though -- he owns a '67 and a '69 as well.

·
Aussie GTO Owner
66 Posts
I'm in Jonesboro, AR also. Just picked up my Phantom Black/Red Leather M6 yesterday. Lovin' every minute of it so far...

·
Ft. Drum is ghey
154 Posts
I'm in Ft. Campbell KY... about 50 miles from Nashville

·
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
M6, did you just buy? unfortunately for myself a few things didn't pan out with some jobs i was counting on so it'll be a while longer before i get mine.
mike

·
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm...day after my birthday. nice
mike

·
Meh, my jet is faster...
286 Posts
I'm in Columbus MS...fly to Olive Branch regularly!

·
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that's cool, met another guy today that has an 04 he is trading in for the 05 both black, i believe. finally we are starting to get people together in this area.
mike

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
10,002 Posts
I'm in Southaven MS, 04 yellow A4.

Is anyone around MEM going to the Sonic Thursday Night Cruise IN. The four larger sonic drive in's in MEM put on a cruise night. The third Thursday of the month is in Cordova, off of Germantown Road.

Hope to see some people there. Good Luck with the car Hollywood

·
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks napalm. you realize that this past thursday was the third thursday for this month right? i forgot until about 830, went up around 9 and there were not very many people left up there. i'd like to start getting the people of this area together to head up to sonic cruise nights as a group.
mike

·
Registered
228 Posts
***********Apologies for reviving a very old thread***********

I'm in Franklin, TN - 20 mins south of NashVegas.

I know of one other 04 and one 05 local, and have seen about ten other 04's and a total of two 05's.

Would like to get together with TN based Goat-sters.

Stoat

·
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i don't know if i will be able to pull it off, but i am thinking about sometime in aug or sept getting people together to go make a run on the Tail of the Dragon over around the knoxville/cades cove area. i'll keep everyone informed. and welcome to the group.
mike

1 - 20 of 34 Posts