LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frist is the CAI, I cant wait. Then its gonna be a Mach or ASP underdrive. Last is the exhaust work.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
From what i know about underdrive on the LT1 and to some extent on the LS1 in the fbody there isn't too much of a gain. I guess if you can acquire it cheap it may be worth it. The biggest gain would be yanking the AC system which is not an option for most people.

I'm doing CAI first, then look at exhaust (cat back). If the exhaust is not a big gain i may just do twin cutouts on the OE system. No way am i paying 600 plus for borla,corsa, etc if the gain is hardly there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd like cut-outs just for starting it up with a nice bassy "Blub blub blub." For cruising around, I don't want to make racket all the time.

Sorry to be daft, but what is CAI?

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
I've already started with the mods even before my GTO has arrived. I ordered the induction kit from ls1speed. Next is the CAI then maybe a set of electronic cut outs. Finally for the year is a nice set of rims and tires. I'm leaving the 245's on the front and going 275's on the rear. Next year is a whole new ball game.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I have the ASP on the Camaro and it so much doesn't add HP, but allows the engine to spool up quicker.

The only downside (to either) is if you do extended idling at night with lights, HVAC, wipers, defroster, stereo, etc all on at once. Then it does drag and you may need to rev it some to keep up the power.

·
Registered
259 Posts
iron_horse31 said:
I've already started with the mods even before my GTO has arrived. I ordered the induction kit from ls1speed. Next is the CAI then maybe a set of electronic cut outs. Finally for the year is a nice set of rims and tires. I'm leaving the 245's on the front and going 275's on the rear. Next year is a whole new ball game.
Are you going 275/45/17's on the rear? Will that fit the stock rim and will it rub the wheel well or shock? :confused:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
bobby said:
Are you going 275/45/17's on the rear? Will that fit the stock rim and will it rub the wheel well or shock? :confused:

275/40-17 is same diameter as 245/45-17. if you go 275, you need a 9inch rim.

·
Registered
7 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts