LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone? If so, could you please post your name, and dealerhsips name here for me. I took mine is this past wednesday and had the dealer tell me there was nothing they could do.. Contacted the Business Manager of the dealerhsip, and told him that I was going to answer "Not satisfied at all" to every question on this Pontiac survey if they did not help me out on this. Seemed to get his attention.. He wants me to gather a list of all of the other cases of this I am aware of from people on here who already have or will be getting their rear ends replaced, and the dealerships they went through so that he can find out how they (your dealerships) got it pushed through and present it to his service director and get mine taken care of.

So far, Metaledge has given me all of his info and dealer info, and I've got a PM out to tohigh4you for his. If anyone else HAS had thier diff repalced, or has a diff on order to be reaplced, PLEASE, please post here with your contact info, it would be greatly appreciated... :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are you actually having a problem with the rear-end in your car, I don't read anywhere about what the actual problem is, only that you want the rear replaced.

Are you having the whining issue, knocking issue, or halfshaft issue?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kn7671 said:
Are you actually having a problem with the rear-end in your car, I don't read anywhere about what the actual problem is, only that you want the rear replaced.

Are you having the whining issue, knocking issue, or halfshaft issue?

Try looking harder...

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7315

I dont really care what they do to it, just as long as they STAND BEHIND a product they have sold, and fix the problem. They said they checked all the axle bolts while it was on the lift, so that TSB's out. Many friends, as well as the service manager at the dealership diagnosed the problem as being rear-end or pinion related, yet it fascinates me they (GM / Pontiac) will do nothing to remedy it until there are more cases reported. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I love my GTO, but I must say that even FORD stands behind their vehicles better than this... :banghead:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Youve got a PM. Also, MikeyBoy works at the dealership that did my work so post a PM to him and maybe he can help as well. Good Luck. Also, contact GM Customer Service and start a case with them to document what going on. This will put pressure on your dealership as well to get results.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tohigh4you said:
Youve got a PM. Also, MikeyBoy works at the dealership that did my work so post a PM to him and maybe he can help as well. Good Luck. Also, contact GM Customer Service and start a case with them to document what going on. This will put pressure on your dealership as well to get results.

Just got your PM, thanks again! I will do just that. Hopefully we'll get some results, its just a shame it has to happen to such a nice car!! :bomb:

·
got cam?
1,898 Posts
tihs might be a little late, but i had mine replaced by brookdale pontiac gmc in brooklyn park, minnesota for the whine in axle took about 6 weeks to get the part in, but they changed it, but its doing it again

·
Seriously?
1,567 Posts
Mine is going in on Saturday for the rear end whine, provided the snow we get isn't bad. Coleman Pontiac in Lawrenceville, NJ.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Dr. Dave Martin. Had it replaced at Backus Pontiac in Savannah, GA No problems with the replacement.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
My entire center section was replaced... But not under warranty! I guess you could say I am borrowing one from what I like to consider my donor car... thanks ibgoatin!

·
A4 slushbox and lovin' it!
49 Posts
Haven't had mine replaced because the problem might just be starting to occur, but I DO have experience with The Better Business Bureau. Dealers don't care about individual customers -- BUT they do care if they might get their poor service publicized. If you've got a valid claim, try it, you'll like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts