LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd buy this one right now if it would be available. I'm one that has always liked the WS6 hood, and this one's pretty close.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Jodi said:
I'd buy this one right now if it would be available. I'm one that has always liked the WS6 hood, and this one's pretty close.
I like this one better than any other hood I've seen!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
ive always liked that styling of the G8. i think pontiac didn't go this route b/c people liked it WAY TOO MUCH. (sarcastic)

ya know what i mean? ya cant give them what they really want.

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
Ohhhhhh, I LOVED that G8 Concept... LS1 All Wheel Drive GP!!!

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Got a little WS6 action going on there, although nostril split more apart. If I had scoops they would have to be functional, and I don't think that setup would work
on the GTO as a functional intake, but it might with some modding.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
The air intake openings in the hood above the grills looks like a reflection in the water. I'll pass on that hood.

·
Registered
881 Posts
IMHO, I think the MPD hood w/ram air decals is the front runner for my bucks.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i like both the MPD and Banshee Hoods. i would like to see some more pics of both. but i think a new hood is far off for me

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
MI_WS6 said:
I remember that bad boy from the Detroit auto show a couple years back. That thing was SWEET.
everyone say it with me " 350 horsepower all wheel drive" can you say good bye MR subaru.

·
Registered
540 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
everyone say it with me " 350 horsepower all wheel drive" can you say good bye MR subaru.
Sorry to disappoint you but the best that thing ever pulled was a 14.5 or so IIRC. Some of the parts to make it AWD were pulled from the Aztek bin and couldn’t handle the torque of the LS1. Nor could the transmission.

It was really kind of a piece of crap. It started life as a 98 Daytona Pace Car edition and was a GM buyback car. One time it ran out of gas because the gauge didn’t work. When they got to the gas station, they had to put the left side up on phone books to get gas in it because the tube into the fuel cell in the trunk was almost horizontal with the tank.

Also when the car debuted at the SEMA show in November it had an old Formula style hood on it that didn’t go over well at all so they had the hood redone prior to it showing up at the Detroit Auto Show the pictures above are from.

Notice the fog lights on the car. They are straight from the Aston Martin DB7 parts bin and were the inspiration for the current fog lights in the 2004 Grand Prix. The G8 also had what would become the exhaust tips for the new 2004 Grand Prix as well.

Lastly, the reason you probably won’t see this hood done for the GTO is because it doesn’t really work with the lines of the GTO. Too squared off.

--
Mike Lewis
PFYC

·
Registered
58 Posts
"Waiting for the Perfect Hood"

To me this hood seems a bit "overpowering" for the car, sort of like the rest of the car is an accessory to the hood! :p

To date I still think the MPD hood is the most aesthetic; it makes the traditional statement without being Balrog. :gr_devil: But I admit that I'm very curious to see what Pontiac has in mind for the 2005. (It also might be a good steel-version retrofit to the 2004 car.)

The discussions in these forums, together with the various aftermarket hoods available, have certainly driven home the point that an elegant hood can either make or break the appearance of this GTO.

M.A.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts