LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just am curious as to why people come into zaino threads and bash it?

I am about to give my car its first real true good deatail and cover it up for most of the winter, drivinng on occasion only.

I am trying to chose good products for this job. I thought I had decided on zaino but, I see as much negative as I do positive about it.

Is the zaino crowd bandwagoning like the pedders guys, or is zanio really better? Is the Zaino WORTH 80 plus dollars for the kit, or will I do just as good getting something else from wal mart or the local auto zone?

There has to be a reason that some folks are so "against" it.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
It's a too each their own kind of thing in the end.

BTW, IMHO your post sounds trollish... looking for a good fight among the Zaino and other product fans, not to mention the Pedders versus whatever folks.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Zaino is a fine product AFAIK. I think what people object to is the religious fanaticism that some Zaino users seem to exhibit. Wax Jihad.

·
1 of 262
10,335 Posts
Borsig said:
I just am curious as to why people come into zaino threads and bash it?

I am about to give my car its first real true good deatail and cover it up for most of the winter, drivinng on occasion only.

I am trying to chose good products for this job. I thought I had decided on zaino but, I see as much negative as I do positive about it.

Is the zaino crowd bandwagoning like the pedders guys, or is zanio really better? Is the Zaino WORTH 80 plus dollars for the kit, or will I do just as good getting something else from wal mart or the local auto zone?

There has to be a reason that some folks are so "against" it.
Zaino is better, but not a sponsor here... Leave it at that.

·
408 Stroker GTO
3,406 Posts
Oh I think alot of it has to do with the amount of time spent rubbing/mixing etc. and the results compared to various products that dont require all that "work"....
And many Zaino users are fanatical about it and that leads to some "Amsoil" type bashing from others. Use what you want...the more time you spend with your car the better in my book....

·
Registered
83 Posts
A lot of people say Zaino will give you mirror shine, but no depth in the paint...Which a lot of people are going for in a wax/polish.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
sgtgeek said:
Oh I think alot of it has to do with the amount of time spent rubbing/mixing etc. and the results compared to various products that dont require all that "work"....
But see, that's totally misleading because, if you want to achieve good results, you're going to do the prep work (Dawn wash, clay, et. al.), no matter what product you use. The difference is, Zaino pushes the prep work in their instructions - others don't spell it out. So, it looks like Zaino is more complex than it really is. Take prep out of the equation, and Zaino isn't any more complex than others.

sgtgeek said:
And many Zaino users are fanatical about it and that leads to some "Amsoil" type bashing from others. Use what you want...the more time you spend with your car the better in my book....
Yeah, this is the crux of it. Some folks hate the apparent "fanaticism" of folks who use Zaino. Just like Amsoil vs. Royal Purple/Mobil One, Mac vs. PC, GTO vs. Mustang, you name it.

In the bottom line, it's YOUR car. Buy and use what products you like. Don't bash others for using what they like. (not directed at you, Sarge :)

·
~Shifting is Driving~
2,217 Posts
I have officially Zaino'd my car once at the begining of summer and I have detailed no less than 6 vehicles with top waxes....my GTO has looked as good or better than any of those 6.
I wash it and then detail spray it and I am done...try that with ANY wax over a 3month period....NOT GONNA HAPPEN! lol
twist in the plot....I love to wax cars...I love the process...kind of a labor of love!
So if ANY wax performed and stayed on the vehicle half as long as Zaino...I would use it!
My only grip about zaino is that I cannot buy it local and have to order it!

bottom line...forget the bad and give it a try, it's the only way YOU will really know!
shinny rides for the win!!!!

·
Administrator
20,415 Posts
too much money and work for me, though I dont hate it or anyone who uses it.
lots of washes and a regular wax every 6 months or so, an occasional use with some of that Ice stuff. Looks pretty good. Maybe not show quality, but id rather drive it then wax it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
GTODD said:
I have officially Zaino'd my car once at the begining of summer and I have detailed no less than 6 vehicles with top waxes....my GTO has looked as good or better than any of those 6.
I wash it and then detail spray it and I am done...try that with ANY wax over a 3month period....NOT GONNA HAPPEN! lol
twist in the plot....I love to wax cars...I love the process...kind of a labor of love!
So if ANY wax performed and stayed on the vehicle half as long as Zaino...I would use it!
My only grip about zaino is that I cannot buy it local and have to order it!

bottom line...forget the bad and give it a try, it's the only way YOU will really know!
shinny rides for the win!!!!
My car after a month an a half on meguiars gold class, and detail spray. Not to mention it has rained almost every day for the last month.

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
Screw zaino. If you have the $ get some zymol.

·
Marty
1,167 Posts
00blackss said:
My car after a month an a half on meguiars gold class, and detail spray. Not to mention it has rained almost every day for the last month.
Your car looks good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have used Zaino products for years. Tried to get a distributorship but they weren't interested. I think it goes on fast and wipes off fast. What's the rub?

·
Been here for a long time...
4,659 Posts
I think the two main issues were mentioned above: Over Zealous Zainoheads pushing it and the misconception that its harder/more work to put on. Only the initial first time is time consuming, after that its probably as easy or easier than other "waxes".

I use it, been using it for quite a few years, and will continue to use it. The Malibu gets it done once a year and gets washed every two weeks or so. Stays outside as it has all its life. It still looks good after 7 years :)

The goat stays in the garage and maybe gets done once every two months. Usually just wash it or use Z6 if I'm lazy.

Its a good product, as well as most others. Mainly comes down to what you want.

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
mistermike said:
Zaino is a fine product AFAIK. I think what people object to is the religious fanaticism that some Zaino users seem to exhibit. Wax Jihad.
exactly!
it's not that most hate it, it's just that most are sick of people thinking it's the be all, end all of car cleaning products.

it's all just a matter of choice because there are so many choices out there that are as good or better

·
Detailing Guru
249 Posts
GTODD said:

Looks like maybe you better try a few more "waxes" if you think Zaino is the only one that lasts 3 months with regular washing and quick detailing, which by the way, only adds to the longevity of the wax, not take away from it.

Collinite waxes last several months over a properly prepped finish and don't require a catalyst like Zaino does. One Grand Blitz Wax is another highly durable wax. These waxes laugh at three months.

Disclaimer: I've said it before and I'll say it again. I like Zaino. My main problem with Zaino is a lot of the people get so enthralled with it that they get tunnel vision and refuse to accept the fact that other products work as well as Zaino, and most of these people have never tried anything other than Zaino, except for the Turtle Wax they were using before.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
just like everyone else is saying, its all personal preference... I like a deep luster to my paint and Meguires Gold Class does that whereas zano won't. and its cheaper and less time to get the same result.

maybe in a non-metalic paint, can you tell that zano is better then wax, but so far in any metalic paint, I haven't seen it better then wax...

·
Can't have enough V8s
1,932 Posts
I do the prep work once a year, after that its easy on/easy off every 2 months or so. It works for me and I like it. Blitz wax was pretty good too. You will never know what you like or what works for you by asking others. Its like asking what exhaust sounds best or what oil should I use.. People can lead you to the water but only you can drink and decide if you like the taste.

·
12,533 Posts
mistermike said:
Exactly. :judge:

I use Tropi-care because they sponsor this fine website and their products make my car look real purty.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts