LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why doesnt GM offer Sirius satalite as well as XM?
I would love to be able to listen to all the NFL games, Maxim radio, and all the other "Guy" type stations! Anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
492 Posts
GM partnered with XM radio and Dodge partnered with Sirius.

Since neither is an option in the GTO you can buy either one in an aftermarket unit.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Kinda like the same reason, if you buy a GM car, you can't get an Infinity stereo from the factory.

It's all about who the manufacturer's partner with.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Not with factory components.

They will gladly take your money to install it, but they'll just grab the parts for another vehicle or go to Best Buy and get it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Find a GOOD stereo shop who does nice custom work and buy the satellite receiver of your choice and have it installed. Going to the dealer would be a step above going to Best Buy.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Exactly!

·
Registered
529 Posts
We had this conversation before regarding Sirius vs. XM. I liked the fact that Sirius could be had with a lifetime subscription for around $500 while XM costs you month after month. I bought this as a Christmas present for my parents including the car receiver with home adapter. Around $750 all together for a lifetime of commercial free programming. Kind of hard to beat.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Doesnt GM own Direct TV & XM RADIO?

·
Registered
2 Posts
conan said:
Why doesnt GM offer Sirius satalite as well as XM?
I would love to be able to listen to all the NFL games, Maxim radio, and all the other "Guy" type stations! Anyone have any idea?

GM owns XM radio that’s why you will not see Sirius in GM cars. It is the same company – GM - not a partner company
Thanks
zigor2

·
Registered
2 Posts
cvp33 said:
I liked the fact that Sirius could be had with a lifetime subscription for around $500 while XM costs you month after month. I bought this as a Christmas present for my parents including the car receiver with home adapter. Around $750 all together for a lifetime of commercial free programming. Kind of hard to beat.
cvp33 as far as I know this is for lifetime of your equipment "not a real lifetime". You will not be able to change adapters when something goes wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
GM is part owner/investor in XM. Unless XM and Sirius merge, you'll probably never see Sirius in a GM vehicle.

It's up to your taste. I'm a big 80's fan and think XM's 80's channel is far superior to Sirius. Only thing Sirius has going is NFL (IMHO).

--Robert

·
Registered
1 Posts
the same company that makes the stock radio in your GTO (Blaupunkt) has a add on unit sor sirius called the america SR04. that way it will at least match your unit ya already have....

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
dede said:
it will at least match your unit ? :eek2:
you said unit....... :gr_jest:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts